Way too early 1A favorites 2022-2023

Mottomotto

56 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Another question for 8a followers, how does Trousdale get beat by 40 by Knowledge Academy and then beat them by 3 less than a month later? That’s crazy to me , has Knowledge been hindered by injuries the last month or so or did their gameplan just get figured out and stopped? 

Gordy beat Red Boiling by 42 last night, 69-27. Trousdale has been playing much better lately. They have size inside and have been using it to their advantage. Clay beat Pickett by 20. It's a shame the higher seed gets tougher match up in this region. RBS definitely has the advantage by losing to Gordy. 

23 hours ago, UConnAlum94 said:

My guess is Clay v Er and JB v Pickett with a JB v Er region championship and east winning by 15+. 

Definitely possible both semi's could be great games, I would lean ER and Pickett, this of course depending on how healthy ER is, if they are not then I would lean Clay. Pickett is a team that can make a run if they get hot shooting. Where is the Region Tourney being hosted this year?

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Another question for 8a followers, how does Trousdale get beat by 40 by Knowledge Academy and then beat them by 3 less than a month later? That’s crazy to me , has Knowledge been hindered by injuries the last month or so or did their gameplan just get figured out and stopped? 

Trousdale has improved a lot throughout the season and Knowledge was without their 2 best players #55 and #3.

15 minutes ago, bballfan12121 said:

Trousdale has improved a lot throughout the season and Knowledge was without their 2 best players #55 and #3.

Thanks, I know Knowledge has had a solid season beating ER plus some other top teams and they were all soph and fr last season. They  will be a tough out next year if they return everybody like I’m thinking they will. Trousdale didn’t impress me at all when they played a terrible Macon county close, so when I saw Knowledge beat them by that much and then lost I knew they had to have a couple injured. Tough break for Clay if their players are back healthy on Saturday. 

44 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

Definitely possible both semi's could be great games, I would lean ER and Pickett, this of course depending on how healthy ER is, if they are not then I would lean Clay. Pickett is a team that can make a run if they get hot shooting. Where is the Region Tourney being hosted this year?

Jackson County. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Groves has had a week to rest so he should be close to 100%. Even at 50% and limping he had 25 vs JB. If ER and JB do meet for the region title it’ll  make for the best environment. Both teams hate each other and JB rushed the court on a buzzer beater last week so I’m sure that one still lingers inside of ER

IMO He’s going to have to be 100% and get some major help for ER to get out of that stacked bracket. I believe you guys will miss T. Groves way more from here on out,  he was always the one with the ball in his hands taking the big shots and getting timely buckets. 

Clay is in the same boat too losing 2x Mr. Basketball Strong, but they got 2 starters back that didn’t play last year and they are 10 players deep with not much drop off. I think it will be a CC vs JB region final. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

7 hours ago, Ballout said:

Gordy beat Red Boiling by 42 last night, 69-27. Trousdale has been playing much better lately. They have size inside and have been using it to their advantage. Clay beat Pickett by 20. It's a shame the higher seed gets tougher match up in this region. RBS definitely has the advantage by losing to Gordy. 

RBS conceded that game before it even started, not saying they would have won even if they played their best game,  but I honestly didn’t see their coach call a play or even act like he wanted to be there. His players were just out there going through the motions. Pickett was just outmanned, but they will be really tough to beat the next two years. 

46 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

RBS conceded that game before it even started, not saying they would have won even if they played their best game,  but I honestly didn’t see their coach call a play or even act like he wanted to be there. His players were just out there going through the motions. Pickett was just outmanned, but they will be really tough to beat the next two years. 

Don't doubt that. They have a better chance if they were to lose against Gordy. I agree PC will be tough to beat next year as well as RBS and Clarkrange. District 7A next year will be a fight once again. It always has been. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ballout said:

Don't doubt that. They have a better chance if they were to lose against Gordy. I agree PC will be tough to beat next year as well as RBS and Clarkrange. District 7A next year will be a fight once again. It always has been. 

I agree RBS has two big boys should be able to match up with some of JB’s size. Crange will definitely be better I was impressed by a couple of their younger guys and how they just continued to gain confidence and get better throughout the year.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 3:58 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It’s all about matchups, and Clay is a matchup nightmare for anyone in single A. The goal is to get to the region championship game and it wouldn’t be the first time a team that’s struggling does whatever it takes.  With the other district already seeded it definitely gives you options and motive. 

Clay is a matchup nightmare? 

32 minutes ago, BooYah3x said:

Clay is a matchup nightmare? 

Yeah for single A ball they can beat you plenty of different ways, with a deep bench, experience, coaching and they have played at Jackson County High more than any other team that’s gonna be there if they take care of Knowledge Academy. Which won’t be an easy task if their two players are back.