Covington Chargers 2022

CHARGERFAN

I have the following info on pre-season scrimmages, etc. for the Covington Chargers:

Scrimmage at Southside July 29th 
Scrimmage at Huntingdon August 5th 
Jamboree at home vs Union City August 12th 

First home game August 18th vs Munford

With the first scrimmage only 11 days away, it’s time to start getting excited. I would be excited to hear any Charger info that folks want to post
  • Like 2

From the roster published on Max-Preps, I see 17 seniors and 14 juniors on this squad, so Coach Kirby will put a lot of experience on the field to start this new season. 

Key returnees include:

—All-State linebacker A. C. Mason

—Jamarion Dowell, an All-State choice at running back.

—Quarterback Braden Gover, a Junior who was a backup last year, and was a pitcher on the Charger baseball team that placed second in the State.this summer. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

12 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I have the following info on pre-season scrimmages, etc. for the Covington Chargers:

Scrimmage at Southside July 29th 
Scrimmage at Huntingdon August 5th 
Jamboree at home vs Union City August 12th 

First home game August 18th vs Munford

With the first scrimmage only 11 days away, it’s time to start getting excited. I would be excited to hear any Charger info that folks want to post

Covington hosting Jamboree? 

38 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

@CHARGERFAN I will be watching you guys this season. We are not in the same class with y'all anymore so we do not get to play you guys. I have always respected the program and I have been treated well every time I visited. Wish you guys success. 

And, I’ll be pulling for y’all to beat Milan. SGC has built a fine program in a short time. OTOH, Covington fans are not enamored of the Milan Bulldogs, as a general rule. Ergo, I’d be happy to see you win that one.

Just now, Dash said:

Covington will win Region 7AAA easily in my opinion. There will be a 3 team battle for 2nd place between Dyersburg, Ripley, & Millington. Dyersburg will be really young this year. They graduated ALOT!!!! 

Not to mention their best returning player will not be able to play this season.

2 hours ago, Dash said:

Covington will win Region 7AAA easily in my opinion. There will be a 3 team battle for 2nd place between Dyersburg, Ripley, & Millington. Dyersburg will be really young this year. They graduated ALOT!!!! 

Think Dyersburg still finish 2nd but it won’t be easy

2 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Think Dyersburg still finish 2nd but it won’t be easy

The one big advantage for Covington is that Dyersburg has to play at our place this year. Last year we lost to D’burg in the regular season, then again in the playoffs. Both games were at Dyersburg. This season, we get them in Covington for the regular season.