Covington Chargers 2022

CHARGERFAN

23 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The one big advantage for Covington is that Dyersburg has to play at our place this year. Last year we lost to D’burg in the regular season, then again in the playoffs. Both games were at Dyersburg. This season, we get them in Covington for the regular season. 

Don’t see Dyersburg beating Covington this year just hope they can compete

18 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Don’t see Dyersburg beating Covington this year just hope they can compete

I'm not sure what DBurg is going to look like, but I would imagine it will be a good game. Seems like Covington and DBurg always play each other close. Very similar offensive mindsets. It is hard to beat up on a team that has to defend an offense very similar to yours all the time. Covington and DBurg have good coaching staffs and always have athletes. Just sharing my thoughts. 

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I'm not sure what DBurg is going to look like, but I would imagine it will be a good game. Seems like Covington and DBurg always play each other close. Very similar offensive mindsets. It is hard to beat up on a team that has to defend an offense very similar to yours all the time. Covington and DBurg have good coaching staffs and always have athletes. Just sharing my thoughts. 

Think Dyersburg can score points but will they be able to stop anybody

20 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Think Dyersburg can score points but will they be able to stop anybody

I think DBurg  has a good coaching staff. They will get something going. Also, Covington lost to the Trojans twice last year so I would imagine the Chargers are going to pull zero punches at winning that game. If memory serves me correctly, the playoff game was a controversy. Probably a bad taste left in the chargers mouths. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

18 hours ago, Dash said:

Does anyone have any insight on the rest of the region ( Ripley, Millington, Bolivar, Bolton)?

Ripley was very young last season, I believe they bring back almost everyone. Millington lost some lineman and arguably their best WR and athlete. They do bring back a talented QB for the next couple of years. Bolivar has had some social media posts that look like they have some good size and strength returning for their second year head coach.They are always athletic and they look to be improved. Bolton is a mystery.