2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

So now that the state pairings are in and games are tomorrow...who do ya got? Just for giggles...

I've got a final four of Summertown, Sale Creek, South Greene & Loretto with Sale Creek & Summertown in the finals, Loretto finishing third. Summertown takes it all. I actually think Sale Creek could clip Summertown in the final four, but I don't think they let someone beat them twice and could get another chance in the finals. We'll see....good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Rockstar89 said:

So now that the state pairings are in and games are tomorrow...who do ya got? Just for giggles...

I've got a final four of Summertown, Sale Creek, South Greene & Loretto with Sale Creek & Summertown in the finals, Loretto finishing third. Summertown takes it all. I actually think Sale Creek could clip Summertown in the final four, but I don't think they let someone beat them twice and could get another chance in the finals. We'll see....good luck to everyone!

Last year I made the prediction to a different audience than Coach T, that if the back line and the setter do well, South Greene has a good chance. The libero and the setter both made All-State. The libero is back and the new setter has done a good job so far this year. I have great expectations for both girls. While kills can make a huge impact, they can be kept under control if the opponent is digging or blocking everything that comes their way. I expect there to be stiff competition in that respect.

Again, good luck to all the girls from each team!

Congrats to Eagleville and Summertown who grab the first two wins in single A! 

Although....here goes my rant for the year and then I am *hopefully* done. The state tournament is not (and has never been) the tournament it should be. The best 8 teams should be involved. Summertown wins 25-5, 25-4, 25-10. I'd put my kids college money on the fact that most middle school teams in middle TN could beat Gibson County. Who are the teams that GC beat to get here? Goodness. Teams like this should not be in the state tournament. TSSAA has to find a way to make this tournament mean more, especially at the small school level. It doesn't even have to be *my* team that makes it instead of these weak west TN teams...I could name 5 teams off the top of my head who are sitting at home that would have at least made Summertown break a sweat instead of just ace-ing their opponent 40 times and managing free balls. Rant over. 

Summertown / Eagleville will be a re-match of a 5 set game earlier in the year. So hopefully it will be another good one!

Edited by Rockstar89

20 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Although....here goes my rant for the year and then I am *hopefully* done. The state tournament is not (and has never been) the tournament it should be. The best 8 teams should be involved. Summertown wins 25-5, 25-4, 25-10. I'd put my kids college money on the fact that most middle school teams in middle TN could beat Gibson County. Who are the teams that GC beat to get here? Goodness. Teams like this should not be in the state tournament. TSSAA has to find a way to make this tournament mean more, especially at the small school level. It doesn't even have to be *my* team that makes it instead of these weak west TN teams...I could name 5 teams off the top of my head who are sitting at home that would have at least made Summertown break a sweat instead of just ace-ing their opponent 40 times and managing free balls. Rant over. 

Summertown / Eagleville will be a re-match of a 5 set game earlier in the year. So hopefully it will be another good one!

Games like Summertowns not good for them either 

3 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Bless it brother. You sure hate on West TN alot.  You guys get to move on .  No need for the rant.

6 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Games like Summertowns not good for them either / all games went as I expect but get tougher tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown beats a game Eagleville team 3-1 ( they no west Tn team Tnfan 09 - just kidding ) 

The way Loretto is playing they are looking to set up a Summertown/Loretto matchup in the final 4 for a chance to go to the 'ship. Of course South Greene will have something to say about that! Great games today...Entertaining as always!

Edited by Rockstar89

20 hours ago, tnfan09 said:

Bless it brother. You sure hate on West TN alot.  You guys get to move on .  No need for the rant.

Might have a fix for this...Will be interesting to see what happens with District/Region alignments for the coming year based on the attendance records just posted. Milan, Cannon County and I think a couple others in that area moving to single A for volleyball....will hopefully help boost that end of the state in single A and weed out some of the weaker teams. Not that any of those are powerhouses, but will definitely be competitive in single A. 

Edited by Rockstar89

The only single A team in west TN that might someday give these middle TN teams to break a sweat is martin Westview. There female sports is coming on quickly. I do believe they won the basketball state last year and probably will be favorite this year. Also look out for there softball team too.  I'm not sure how you guys do it but our girls have to play multiple sports just to have teams. Most play 2 sports and some even play 3.