2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

On 9/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, Jaychapman said:

By the way the Libero my granddaughter - she gets to most balls but need her on front row maybe next year 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, Jaychapman said:

By the way the Libero my granddaughter - she gets to most balls but need her on front row maybe next year 

The best player on SG is the libero. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:02 PM, Jaychapman said:

Talked to several of SG fans said they weren’t playing as good right now as earlier but still looked pretty good to me - we still making lot of mistakes but coming along / won our pole ( kinda shocked one team that was undefeated so far this year ) lot of good teams here we’re glad we came  

How about Sale Creek and Eagleville? Best be ready.

Coach T has added a Top 10 in Single A. I am not sure what all goes into these rankings, but it seems somewhat close based on my observations. I personally think until more of these teams match up head to head that South Greene and Summertown should be 1-2. Camden, Watertown & East Robertson are noticeable omissions and should probably be included instead of Clarkrange, Collinwood & Bledsoe County. 

1. Sale Creek

2. Summertown

3. Loretto

4. Eagleville

5. Harpeth

6. South Green

7. Clarkrange

8. Collinwood

9. Bledsoe County

10. Hickman County

Edited by Rockstar89

43 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Coach T has added a Top 10 in Single A. I am not sure what all goes into these rankings, but it seems somewhat close based on my observations. I personally think until more of these teams match up head to head that South Greene and Summertown should be 1-2. Camden, Watertown & East Robertson are noticeable omissions and should probably be included instead of Clarkrange, Collinwood & Bledsoe County. 

1. Sale Creek

2. Summertown

3. Loretto

4. Eagleville

5. Harpeth

6. South Green

7. Clarkrange

8. Collinwood

9. Bledsoe County

10. Hickman County

Are you looking at the Strength Ranking? I check it out often. 

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Eagleville not as good as 1st thought / Dale Creak one very good rotation average at best after that 

The Eagleville Eagles got off to a slow start but look like they are doing better. Saw them briefly in Sevierville on Friday. 

6 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

1. Sale Creek

2. Summertown

3. Loretto

4. Eagleville

5. Harpeth

6. South Green

7. Clarkrange

8. Collinwood

9. Bledsoe County

10. Hickman County

Don’t know how they rank So Green so low - but really doesn’t matter at this stage 

53 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know how they rank So Green so low - but really doesn’t matter at this stage 

I think strength of schedule goes into it. Their schedule is ranked as the 4th weakest of the teams listed in this top 10. Of course, this does not mean much. I am sure they had a similar schedule and won state last year. 

20 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

The strength of schedule ranking on Coach T is a pretty good way of evaluating teams, given that Class A teams in the east do not have a lot of competition. 

Regarding South Greene, they try to schedule 3A and 2A teams as much as possible. They have played in two tournaments so far this year and have done fairly well, winning the one in Elizabethton. Next week they play in a tournament in Johnson City Science Hill and should have some good competition. Good competition makes for better teams. We would have been able to speculate further, had Greeneville been on SG's schedule this season.

Working in SG's favor will be the return of their head coach, Stephen Gregg, who suffered a serious injury when he fell from his garage roof. He's missed a bunch of games, but the assistant coaches have done a good job picking up the slack. Coach Gregg and the team should do well when he returns.