2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

2 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I don't disagree with EITHER of you. There is a huge difference in A to AAA and its hard to include everyone...but to Jay's point Summertown has won over 40 matches each season in the last 2 or 3 including wins over very good bigger schools - and even played decently against Nolensville and Brentwood the last couple of years. They aren't a typical single A team. That said, Summertown is "out of the way" and being a small town so far away is just not gonna get the attention in mainstream media even with the success. Alot of local sports writers are lazy when it comes to "minor" sports too and instead of searching out things, they just print what is handed to them. Alot of it lands on coaches and ADs as well. I have asked writers why they don't report on certain things and they say they have reached out to coaches and AD's with no response.  So there's a lot that goes into these things. 

Well said my point exactly / no disrespect to you teeter  but we did get girls nominated in golf and tennis after they won State Tournaments 

On 6/11/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jaychapman said:

Just saw where the “ Tennessean “ newspaper selected nominees for player of year in volleyball and Summertowns state MVP was not even mentioned among the 10 - shows must be popularity contest 

They just names Brentwood's setter as the Nashville area player of the year.  I disagree but i wasn't asked.

• 3 weeks later...

Eagleville should be good again they have

Audrey Tribble one of best setters in mid-state

she had over 1,000 assists last season. Along

with Katelynn Roberts, Meah Thompson, Bella Bain

and others should win district again but Watertown

who Eagleville beat in sectional last two seasons

is in Class AA now. Central Magnet is in their district

as they have Noella Obi a Mississippi State commit

so, watch for the Tigers to attempt to make back-to back

state tournaments under Dusty Stearns.

Eagleville will play Riverdale, Blackman

Rockvale and Lincoln County. The final two at home as

they both went 5 sets last season.

Eagleville lost at Rockvale and won at Lincoln County.

In Fayetteville, they were down 2-0 before coming back and

at Rockvale they were up 2-0 before the Rockets came 

back to win the Eagles second match of the season.

Rockvale at Eagleville September 18th and

Lincoln County at Eagleville September 25th both begin at

6 PM. the LC match will be Senior Night and will be emotional

for them. Deanna Freise is outstanding coach and under-rated

in Rutherford County as she looks to take Eagleville to third

straight state tournament in 2023.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:07 AM, jneal said:

Eagleville should be good again they have

Audrey Tribble one of best setters in mid-state

she had over 1,000 assists last season. Along

with Katelynn Roberts, Meah Thompson, Bella Bain

and others should win district again but Watertown

who Eagleville beat in sectional last two seasons

is in Class AA now. Central Magnet is in their district

as they have Noella Obi a Mississippi State commit

so, watch for the Tigers to attempt to make back-to back

state tournaments under Dusty Stearns.

Eagleville will play Riverdale, Blackman

Rockvale and Lincoln County. The final two at home as

they both went 5 sets last season.

Eagleville lost at Rockvale and won at Lincoln County.

In Fayetteville, they were down 2-0 before coming back and

at Rockvale they were up 2-0 before the Rockets came 

back to win the Eagles second match of the season.

Rockvale at Eagleville September 18th and

Lincoln County at Eagleville September 25th both begin at

6 PM. the LC match will be Senior Night and will be emotional

for them. Deanna Freise is outstanding coach and under-rated

in Rutherford County as she looks to take Eagleville to third

straight state tournament in 2023.

Eagleville - Summertown who you got 

Eagleville has always been decent. They played Summertown close last year really early in the season, and won the games they should have won. Especially with all the restructuring I could see them returning to state. 

Lots of good teams from last year in single A are restructuring. There are several teams with multiple starters who have moved on or are not available this year. I still look for several teams to field squads with the potential to reach the state tournament. Summertown, Loretto, South Greene, CSAS, Sale Creek, Eagleville, Harpeth, Camden, Gordonsville, Hickman County, East Robertson... all have a shot to be playing in the Boro come October. 

Next weekend there is a good small school play day at Creek Wood. With Creek Wood & Summertown (both defending state champs) as well as Harpeth, Camden, Sycamore (who were a sectional win away from state last year.) among other good teams. 

1 hour ago, Rockstar89 said:

Eagleville has always been decent. They played Summertown close last year really early in the season, and won the games they should have won. Especially with all the restructuring I could see them returning to state. 

Lots of good teams from last year in single A are restructuring. There are several teams with multiple starters who have moved on or are not available this year. I still look for several teams to field squads with the potential to reach the state tournament. Summertown, Loretto, South Greene, CSAS, Sale Creek, Eagleville, Harpeth, Camden, Gordonsville, Hickman County, East Robertson... all have a shot to be playing in the Boro come October. 

Next weekend there is a good small school play day at Creek Wood. With Creek Wood & Summertown (both defending state champs) as well as Harpeth, Camden, Sycamore (who were a sectional win away from state last year.) among other good teams. 

Summertown playing at Eagleville and McEwen haven’t seen where play at Creekwood 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown playing at Eagleville and McEwen haven’t seen where play at Creekwood 

The McEwen play day is at multiple sites. Last year Harpeth hosted one of the sites and you guys came to us. This year I was told Creek Wood is hosting a site and Summertown, Creekwood, Camden, Sycamore and a couple others were playing at the Creek Wood site. They have a big nice gym. I hope that is the case...will be some good competition early if so.

43 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

The McEwen play day is at multiple sites. Last year Harpeth hosted one of the sites and you guys came to us. This year I was told Creek Wood is hosting a site and Summertown, Creekwood, Camden, Sycamore and a couple others were playing at the Creek Wood site. They have a big nice gym. I hope that is the case...will be some good competition early if so.

Thanks for the heads up 

On 7/12/2023 at 2:20 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Saw a schedule and looks like these teams will compete at Creek Wood in Dickson on Saturday: Creek Wood (AA state champs), Summertown (single A state champs), Harpeth, Camden & Sycamore (all three lost in sectionals last year-one game away from state in A/AA) along with Cheatham County, Hickman County and Lawson, which is the new AA public school in Bellevue. I know there have been some losses at each school from last year, but at least 5 of the teams there should be good small school competition. Looking forward to a new season of volleyball!