Cookeville vs Upperman

Volsfan52

I went to scrimmage against green hill. First play from upperman Jaxon Rollins takes it 75 or 80 yards. They looked good on offense. Defense gave up some yards against pass. Both qb looked pretty good. I’m excited to see we’re this teams goes. They could make a run for the championship 

37 minutes ago, Potter46 said:

I went to scrimmage against green hill. First play from upperman Jaxon Rollins takes it 75 or 80 yards. They looked good on offense. Defense gave up some yards against pass. Both qb looked pretty good. I’m excited to see we’re this teams goes. They could make a run for the championship 

Jaxon Rollins is a Mr Football type of player man. He’s only a junior

On 7/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, TNmommaofboys said:

This game was supposed to be played at Upperman this year. Cookeville is refusing saying they will forfeit before they play in Baxter. So, the game will be played at TTU. Also, this will be the last year for this game. Cookeville's decision; coach doesn't want to play Upperman anymore.

This is an interesting take on how things went down....:blink:             Gotta love the baxter beehive 

Upperman is no longer open enrollment.  They are full.  All the high schools WERE open enrollment and any kid IN THE COUNTY could go to whichever high school they preferred.  No one could come from any other county unless they moved here.  Now Upperman is at capacity and is not accepting any new students unless they are zoned for there.

1 hour ago, TNmommaofboys said:

Upperman is no longer open enrollment.  They are full.  All the high schools WERE open enrollment and any kid IN THE COUNTY could go to whichever high school they preferred.  No one could come from any other county unless they moved here.  Now Upperman is at capacity and is not accepting any new students unless they are zoned for there.

Not saying Upperman isn't at capacity but unless the school board has amended their own by-laws then Upperman is still open enrollment (Any school that has a transfer policy on file is classified as open enrollment like 95% of schools in TN). 

Maryville has ran into the same dilemma of capacity issues and why Alcoa is looking pretty smart right now building their new school that can hold around 900 kids. 

1 hour ago, twistedsister said:

Upperman is basically an alcoa now with the way open enrollment is or just like a private school.

I'm not impressed in any sport anymore.

Do you need some Cheese?  95% of the schools in TN are open enrollment, so what sets them apart from any of the others?  Maybe Hard work and community support

• Like 1

I heard someone say Upperman had 4 players transfer in from Cookeville?  Is that correct?  If so which players were they. Can’t say as I blame them Upperman will compete for a state title this year while Cookeville will once again struggle to compete at the 6A level.  Maybe the new coach at Cookeville can do what so many others have been unable to and that’s make them relevant for more than a year. I hope so it would be great for the community and the kids. 

2 hours ago, Indian said:

Well, what’s Cookeville’s take?

I'm under the impression from people in the know that the game was always supposed to be at tech.   The game has been played at Tech the last few years because baxter doesn't have enough seating.   

I have no clue about playing in future years but I will say the transferring down to baxter has gotten out of hand in all sports.  Sometimes even after they've been an entire year at CHS.     Most of the time there is no change of address either.   

Good win baxter.  They should be tough to handle again in their division.  Running attack is death by a thousand cuts

Edited by Alumn89

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

Not saying Upperman isn't at capacity but unless the school board has amended their own by-laws then Upperman is still open enrollment (Any school that has a transfer policy on file is classified as open enrollment like 95% of schools in TN). 

Maryville has ran into the same dilemma of capacity issues and why Alcoa is looking pretty smart right now building their new school that can hold around 900 kids. 

Actually the school was built for about 1000, but close enough. Plus, there is the ability to build up, or out. Plenty of room for growth… They have already started an addition to the the intermediate school, so it coming…:thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1