WB GOVS @ CLINTON DRAGONS

92Dragon

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

WB have their own channel but not sure what it is going to be this year. They have always done a great job in the past. A local radio station carried their broadcast and live feed the last two years, hopefully someone from WB knows. 

Live streaming is so popular these days, I'd be surprised if someone over there isn't doing it.  

Is it Gov Nation Network?

Edited by 92Dragon

17 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

William Blount looked good in the jamboree, but of course that is the jamboree. I went to 2 of the scrimmages and one of them they looked good and the other they didn’t. QB has a good arm, o-line is good, but defense is still lacking some athletes.

I heard they struggled in the scrimmage against Seq??Surely I heard wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

Yes. I'm not making any predictions about wins and losses, but I'm convinced the days of us giving up 40+ to everyone are over. It looks like they will be able to at least move the ball on most teams and eat clock.

Clinton ran the wing-t when McKamey was the HC. You're right. As long as you can pick up first downs and eat up the clock, it does speed the game up. But the down side is if you fall behind by 2 or 3 scores, it's hard to come from behind and score alot of points quickly . 

Webb was the best team I ever saw around here at running the wing-t and being able to score quickly.

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton ran the wing-t when McKamey was the HC. You're right. As long as you can pick up first downs and eat up the clock, it does speed the game up. But the down side is if you fall behind by 2 or 3 scores, it's hard to come from behind and score alot of points quickly . 

Webb was the best team I ever saw around here at running the wing-t and being able to score quickly.

Someone in the Heritage thread made a point about Heritage that I think also applies to WB. Someone basically said that Heritage's offensive execution has been sloppy for years now and it would make more sense to slow things down and make things simpler and easier instead of staying up tempo and fast with the offense. It has been the same thing for WB. Granted, WB usually has  better athletes than Heritage. In the recent past we have lived and died by big plays, but we have also turned the ball over a lot and gotten a lot of penalties. I'm encouraged by what I saw in the jamboree. We played a clean quarter and kept the ball away from Maryville for most of it. I'm excited to see how we stack up against Clinton this Friday night. This will be the only game I'll get to go to this year, so I hope the Govs put forth a good effort.

Edited by GovForce1

1 hour ago, GovForce1 said:

Someone in the Heritage thread made a point about Heritage that I think also applies to WB. Someone basically said that Heritage's offensive execution has been sloppy for years now and it would make more sense to slow things down and make things simpler and easier instead of staying up tempo and fast with the offense. It has been the same thing for WB. Granted, WB usually has  better athletes than Heritage. In the recent past we have lived and died by big plays, but we have also turned the ball over a lot and gotten a lot of penalties. I'm encouraged by what I saw in the jamboree. We played a clean quarter and kept the ball away from Maryville for most of it. I'm excited to see how we stack up against Clinton this Friday night. This will be the only game I'll get to go to this year, so I hope the Govs put forth a good effort.

I understand completely. Sometimes you need to change your offense or defense depending on the players you have or don't have.

18 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

Yes. I'm not making any predictions about wins and losses, but I'm convinced the days of us giving up 40+ to everyone are over. It looks like they will be able to at least move the ball on most teams and eat clock.

What makes you so sure about the 40+ ? 

I assume this is because they held maryville to 7 points in one quarter of action :bored: