Beech @ Farragut

eers

Beech makes the trip east to take on Farragut in what should be a great game. Both teams made it to the quarterfinals last year and are looking to have a solid year. Beech lost some playmakers , but looks to be ready to make a run at a region title and beyond. Farragut ended the season with a close loss to Maryville. 

Who you got and why?

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How did the Beech jamboree go at Wilson Central? I haven't heard a score.

A couple fumbles and a pick six led to a 14-7 WC win with the ones. Defense gave up one long ball and not much more. This team has the makings of a really good team by years end. 

I'll take Farragut in this one.  Still not sold that Beech can replace the talent that they lost from last season, this quick.  They may be good by years end, but I am yet to be convinced.  I will say that this game will go a long way in my belief of how the season will go for them.  If Farragut beats them by more than 2 scores, I don't think that bodes well for the Bucs.

1 minute ago, 13sports said:

I'll take Farragut in this one.  Still not sold that Beech can replace the talent that they lost from last season, this quick.  They may be good by years end, but I am yet to be convinced.  I will say that this game will go a long way in my belief of how the season will go for them.  If Farragut beats them by more than 2 scores, I don't think that bodes well for the Bucs.

Starting RB/OLB was hurt in a car accident a couple weeks ago (anticipate he’s back by mid season) and that has made them make some adjustments in short order. That said, I think this team is better overall than last years team. I’m going with Beech by 2 scores this week. 

Just now, eers said:

Starting RB/OLB was hurt in a car accident a couple weeks ago (anticipate he’s back by mid season) and that has made them make some adjustments in short order. That said, I think this team is better overall than last years team. I’m going with Beech by 2 scores this week. 

with the players you loss off last years team you feel Beech is better this year?  

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

with the players you loss off last years team you feel Beech is better this year?  

Yes. Line play and defense will be much better. The QB position is more solid and the run game will be really good with a stable of backs. I’m not saying they go undefeated, but I don’t think a semifinal birth is out of the question. 

• Upvote 1