Oneida vs Williamsburg

Spike016

On 8/15/2022 at 9:09 AM, CoachT said:

To verify: no WLIL or YouTube broadcasts this year?

20 hours ago, crow said:

@CoachT it appears a last minute deal had been struck and IH Sports network will be streaming our games again this year and WBNT FM (Hive105.5) will carry the radio broadcast both on air and online. 

Glad they finally(!) worked it out, not sure of the specifics though like if it will be taken down from the site after 72 hours and etc like OSSD originally requested but I can't make it to the game or certain games and a stream/rebroadcast is usually my only way to see them.

5 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Glad they finally(!) worked it out, not sure of the specifics though like if it will be taken down from the site after 72 hours and etc like OSSD originally requested but I can't make it to the game or certain games and a stream/rebroadcast is usually my only way to see them.

OSSD wanted money, the HC was the one wanting the videos taken down after 72 hours. At least that’s the way I heard it. 

Edited by crow

57 minutes ago, crow said:

OSSD wanted money, the HC was the one wanting the videos taken down after 72 hours. At least that’s the way I heard it. 

Their were several statements(I screen grabbed) by both about many counter offers. It was the coaches that wanted it taking down due to teams scouting and because the vids were nulling the sharing with other teams aka "gentlemen's rule" with them though scouting is going to happen regardless lol Rockwood Football Alumni site will have the 2022 game video on their site before the Monterey and Coalfield game for example plus I'm sure teams send people to watch OHS.

OSSD wanted a written service agreement, $$ for all sports not just football+basketball and away games which IHSN felt was unreasonable because they do not control streams that are away, IHSN wanted a verbal only agreement, $100 for home football games not $200, $40 for basketball, OSSD wanted $200 for football and $100 for all other sports.

In the OSSD statement before this new agreement, whatever the details are idk, talks seemed to have stopped and OSSD stated they were looking at other streaming sources.

2 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Their were several statements(I screen grabbed) by both about many counter offers. It was the coaches that wanted it taking down due to teams scouting and because the vids were nulling the sharing with other teams aka "gentlemen's rule" with them though scouting is going to happen regardless lol Rockwood Football Alumni site will have the 2022 game video on their site before the Monterey and Coalfield game for example plus I'm sure teams send people to watch OHS.

OSSD wanted a written service agreement, $$ for all sports not just football+basketball and away games which IHSN felt was unreasonable because they do not control streams that are away, IHSN wanted a verbal only agreement, $100 for home football games not $200, $40 for basketball, OSSD wanted $200 for football and $100 for all other sports.

In the OSSD statement before this new agreement, whatever the details are idk, talks seemed to have stopped and OSSD stated they were looking at other streaming sources.

Oh I’m well informed on the details and the who wanted what. Like the fact OSSD was “concerned” the loss of gate and concessions would have a negative impact on the athletes. As if that’s was a true concern is laughable as is evident by the initial insistence of paying OSSD to broadcast away games. OSSD doesn’t get a cut of away concessions and gate so how is one related to the other.  I’m very glad it’s worked out but it was a bad look for the school administration IMO. 

Edited by crow

14 hours ago, crow said:

Oh I’m well informed on the details and the who wanted what. Like the fact OSSD was “concerned” the loss of gate and concessions would have a negative impact on the athletes. As if that’s was a true concern is laughable as is evident by the initial insistence of paying OSSD to broadcast away games. OSSD doesn’t get a cut of away concessions and gate so how is one related to the other.  I’m very glad it’s worked out but it was a bad look for the school administration IMO. 

I know GCA has to have a "sponsor" to pay Diamond Clear to broadcast our football games. I don't believe any of that money ever went to the school or that we ever charged that company a fee to broadcast the games, home or away. I know that the school never charged the radio station to broadcast games. The audacity of the OSSD to think that a radio or stream would keep people away from the games is absurd. I've never heard anybody say "Should we go to the game or watch it on the iPad?" Unless its pouring down the rain, there's no decision to make for 95% of the fans. They're going to the game. What they should've agreed to is to have ads they can run for different activities for the school and actually get some benefit out of the broadcast instead of charging them pennies (which is really what $100/game is)! I stand with you on this one, bud!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, crow said:

26 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I know GCA has to have a "sponsor" to pay Diamond Clear to broadcast our football games. I don't believe any of that money ever went to the school or that we ever charged that company a fee to broadcast the games, home or away. I know that the school never charged the radio station to broadcast games. The audacity of the OSSD to think that a radio or stream would keep people away from the games is absurd. I've never heard anybody say "Should we go to the game or watch it on the iPad?" Unless its pouring down the rain, there's no decision to make for 95% of the fans. They're going to the game. What they should've agreed to is to have ads they can run for different activities for the school and actually get some benefit out of the broadcast instead of charging them pennies (which is really what $100/game is)! I stand with you on this one, bud!

They wanted $200 for a home game not $100 which is like 40 people not going if it is still $5 at the gate. I'm sure they make a good amount for home games' tickets, season passes and concessions. When I watched the streams last year there were not that many viewing maybe 30 or so. I think the coaches 72 hour stream take down was not a deal breaker but the other stuff was weird.

Also in statement on IHSN's FB which is gone now and I missed that screen grab(!) IHSN counter offered to have a dedicated local store that would sell their merchandise and season passes with the $$ going directly back to the school. Plus OSSD wanted the contract to have a clause that they could terminate the agreement/streaming at any time, lol. 

Oh well I'm glad they got it worked out. If OSSD doesn't renew after 2022-2023 fine, take it to NFHS and charge for it or just not stream but do not kill the radio broadcast that has been going for decades over a stream.

Anyway I wish the best for the 2022 team, I think they have a very good shot of winning the district.  I know OHS returns some key players but lost the big RB and a couple on the OL. Game #1 with Williamsburg will be a test with their return QB, WR, LB and etc and week 1 is always tough especially playing on the road against a tough opponent.

Edited by TheOgre78

Pigskin previews: Oneida Indians – WATE 6

https://www.wate.com/video/pigskin-previews-oneida-indians/6881225/

Didn't really tell much we didn't know, they have 2 good RBs, WRs, QB and always bring the D. Should not be a drop off of last year, plus 2nd year for the coach getting things down already help and having been at OHS already. 

Edited by TheOgre78

16 hours ago, crow said:

Seeing the post below, are you sure you're on the right side of this issue Crow??? :roflolk:

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

I stand with you on this one, bud!

32 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Seeing the post below, are you sure you're on the right side of this issue Crow??? :roflolk:

Like Crow I'm not an OHS alum but a BIG fan and supporter. Many comments on social media posts from alum were about being very upset about OSSD/this when it came out to the public. A couple of alum were very upset one even called it "shameful", many just did not get their requests as Crow pointed out basically. Like gcapride seeing what happened and feeling it was an audacity.

No matter what I think it reflected badly, but I do not want a bad reflection on the kids, the athletes deserve respect for their hard work. I think IHSN was trying to be respectful but felt disrespected in their efforts after really bad negotiation requests that seemed to want to just end the streaming or at least were so off set that it was not well thought out imho. IHSN just wanted to bring student athletes' efforts to light while helping the school and obviously the network to better improve the streams/content.

Anyway, lol I'm just looking forward to the season, My Big Ones picks are in, I have my channels ready to stream and team color ready to wear!

Go Indians!

Edited by TheOgre78