Could Oak Ridge be the worst team in Anderson County.

GaddyDaddy

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You gotta keep in mind, those early 2000s teams were very poor teams. Scott didn’t have much to work with. Honestly, before he got there, West was an unknown commodity, in many ways. He was the one to actually put ‘em on the map, so to say. You can see, the longer he was there, the closer those scores became. Albeit, some still weren’t close, but as far as playing Maryville tough in those days, besides Alcoa, of course, and maybe OR (when Blade was there Maryville and OR had a few really respectable contests), I bet Maryville didn’t have a tougher opponent than those West teams, in the greater Knoxville area, that is. I forgot Central, they had some great teams, too.

You gotta remember, some of those Maryville teams were unreal back then. To keep the game within 21 or so was actually a pretty big accomplishment. They were head and shoulders above everyone else. Just my 2 cents.

Region 3-4A was as strong as any region in Tennessee top to bottom in those days. If not for Maryville,  Central, Powell, Halls and West all had enough talent to win gold balls during that stretch. It was a really tough region. 

40 minutes ago, HTV said:

Region 3-4A was as strong as any region in Tennessee top to bottom in those days. If not for Maryville,  Central, Powell, Halls and West all had enough talent to win gold balls during that stretch. It was a really tough region. 

True. I forgot to mention those teams as well. No disrespect intended. Isn’t Halls the last Knoxville team to beat Maryville? Crazy.

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

True. I forgot to mention those teams as well. No disrespect intended. Isn’t Halls the last Knoxville team to beat Maryville? Crazy.

Yep. Last Knox County school to beat Murvl and that was the last region (district during the Z-Plan fiasco) loss for Murvl, as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep. Last Knox County school to beat Murvl and that was the last region (district during the Z-Plan fiasco) loss for Murvl, as well. 

Thought so. Wasn’t Sheppard Halls’ Coach then? Darn good Coach. Whatever became of Shepp? Anyway, better get off here before the OR fans begin scalding me for deviating off-topic.

Edited by SweetScience

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Thought so. Wasn’t Sheppard Halls’ Coach then? Darn good Coach. Whatever became of Shepp? Anyway, better get off here before the OR fans begin scalding me for deviating off-topic.

I would rather you go off topic because you know nothing about Oak Ridge football!!! 

Kidding Sweet. You are actually the All - OR Superfan. You grew up in OR and played in the OR Boys Club system and the High School program. You have also stayed connected to the program as a superfan on CoachT.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I would rather you go off topic because you know nothing about Oak Ridge football!!! 

Kidding Sweet. You are actually the All - OR Superfan. You grew up in OR and played in the OR Boys Club system and the High School program. You have also stayed connected to the program as a superfan on CoachT.

Ha, thanks, WW. I do check all of those boxes, yet there are others, I’m sure, that are bigger fans than I, even on here. ORCat would be one of them. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yes. Gary was the Halls coach then. He left Halls and went back to middle Tennessee. He's been out of coaching for a while and he and his family have owned and operated a steakhouse in Clarksville for quite a few years, now. 

Gary was the headmaster at The Clarksville Academy for several years, as well as coaching football there, too. 

He has posted a few times in this forum. 

https://www.edwardssteakhouse.net/home

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Yes. Gary was the Halls coach then. He left Halls and went back to middle Tennessee. He's been out of coaching for a while and he and his family have owned and operated a steakhouse in Clarksville for quite a few years, now. 

Gary was the headmaster at The Clarksville Academy for several years, as well as coaching football there, too. 

He has posted a few time in this forum. 

https://www.edwardssteakhouse.net/home

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, catswild said:

I have no idea who you could be talking about "alot of people that want Coach Cummings to fail"...unless you're talking about the same people who wanted Gaddis to fail...everyone in Knoxville and Clinton! If that's what you mean, then I agree...if you mean people other than that, then please explain

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant Clinton, Knoxville and surrounding area, you know, OR haters, plus oddly enough a few of our former coaches that are now at HVA.  I was not saying anybody inside the program or OR fans by any means.  

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant Clinton, Knoxville and surrounding area, you know, OR haters, plus oddly enough a few of our former coaches that are now at HVA.  I was not saying anybody inside the program or OR fans by any means.  

Funny how that happens. I’m speaking in regards to the former coaches, whom also played @ OR. Too bad.