Oak Ridge at South Doyle

boyfromsi

13 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

Scott Cummings is the man.Its just one game vs a below avg team but he has worked magic upfront already.I can't imagine how good it could be in couple of years

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL last year, no matter the opponent. It’s like night and day. It’s unreal how bad the coaching had gotten.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL last year, no matter the opponent. It’s like night and day. It’s unreal how bad the coaching had gotten.

You are right.I remember not being able to push Lenoir City around and knew we was in trouble.The Dline full of new players looked great

BUT we gotta keep our mouths shut and just play ball.

Oh and how about  little ole # 34 intercepting that pass! that's my great grandboy!! woo hoo!

Had a time with WWA shirts tonite Coach Cummings got one lol and so did#1 and #27 could have been more but too many penalties 20 for 185 yards that's gotta stop!

WILDCAT PRIDE

5 minutes ago, bounder said:

BUT we gotta keep our mouths shut and just play ball.

Oh and how about  little ole # 34 intercepting that pass! that's my great grandboy!! woo hoo!

Had a time with WWA shirts tonite Coach Cummings got one lol and so did#1 and #27 could have been more but too many penalties 20 for 185 yards that's gotta stop!

WILDCAT PRIDE

Unreal as far as the nitpick penalties go. I saw more than a few where I had no idea what the refs saw. DC said the refs supervisor was there tonight, so I’m sure that had something to do with it. You’re right, though, Scott needs to clamp down on our kids that run their mouths. Unacceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bounder said:

Hey SS which one of our kids got tossed tonite? And will they have to hold him out next week?

I didn’t know of a kid getting tossed. I must have missed that. I don’t know how TSSAA determines whatever the penalty is for that. Maybe the whole game next week, or the first half. Honestly, I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Hey SS which one of our kids got tossed tonite? And will they have to hold him out next week?

It was another BS call.But it was Heyward.He got his helmet ripped off during play and he is walking back to sideline upset talking to his teammate when the ref threw a flag from 25 yds away.It was his 2nd unsportsmanlike.The 1st one also looked to be a phantom call.I didn't see him do anything at all

Good start to the Cummings Era!!!!!!!

GRADESARE AS FOLLOWS:

Offensive Line - B - Hard to tell because SD was so bad, but I'll give our guys the benefit of the doubt

Wide Receivers - A-  - We have some studs out there but blocking could improve a little

Running Backs - A+ - Dozier is a beast and I think he's the best around and Hundley is good too

QB - B+ - Pleasantly surprised here but I want to get a better gauge of this against a good team

DL - A - Once again, hard to judge because SD is terrible but our DL was dominant

LB - B+ - I wish we had Berven but the SD offense was nonexistent so our LB play had to be good

DB - A - Several picks even though the ball was thrown right to us

Kicking Game - B - The kicker/punter get an A but the protection on PAT was bad

Coaching - C - I'll break it  down this way...Game plan and having the players prepared is an "A"...player and coach discipline is an "F". When you have 21 penalties for almost 200 yards, a player ejected for running his mouth, a player spiking the ball after an interception, two sideline warnings on the coaches, a 15 yard penalty on a coach for running his mouth, and your two top players talking trash throughout the entire game...that's coaching. If the staff can correct those problems, then this year could be a great one!  RWR!!!!!!!