Mairvul heds ovur two Emree Rd.

STARSNBARS

56 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell looked good despite not having QB1.  Defense played a lot better than the week before, kept them in the game.  Eventually they got gassed cause of so many 3 and outs by offense.  It was  13-0 at halftime without QB1.  Powell runs away from this game if he played.  Maryville is the not the same Maryville.  This could be the first year in like 10000 years that they don't win a region title?  JMO 

A QB's daddy on a high school chatter board. What a looser!

BTW - I resemble this post. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell runs away from this game if he played.  Maryville is the not the same Maryville.  

NO MOTOR MILE ON MOTOR MILE CRIME! 

4 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

kim.........."If'un If's and buts whur candee and nuts whut a Murry Christmas hit wood bee" - John Terrill Majors.....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell looked good despite not having QB1.  Defense played a lot better than the week before, kept them in the game.  Eventually they got gassed cause of so many 3 and outs by offense.  It was  13-0 at halftime without QB1.  Powell runs away from this game if he played.  Maryville is the not the same Maryville.  This could be the first year in like 10000 years that they don't win a region title?  JMO 

Dang pretty early in the year for an "Imaginary Football League" loss ! Or Maybe Maryville would have had a totally different Defensive scheme if your son had played and really concentrated more on our pass rush .... And Maybe your son would have took several hard shots ... see I can Play in the IFL too ! BTW , I watched the Powell / AC game and number 5 was running for his life a lot , you might concentrate on your Blocking more than beating Murvil in the IFL .  

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

The Mavs took everything that Powell had. Powell is still defeated inside. 

AC needs to forget about Powell or they will get a W tonight.  Science His is talented enough to with that game if AC doesn't bring its A game.  

And since the subject has been brought up, if QB1 is playing he makes a difference, obviously. But Maryville's coaches would have schemded differently, too, if he's playing.  

And a reminder that Maryville lost LaDue early in the game.  Having him the entire game would have made a huge difference, as well.  

That injury thing goes both ways.  

37 minutes ago, HTV said:

And since the subject has been brought up, if QB1 is playing he makes a difference, obviously. But Maryville's coaches would have schemded differently, too, if he's playing.  

And a reminder that Maryville lost LaDue early in the game.  Having him the entire game would have made a huge difference, as well.  

That injury thing goes both ways.  

Potts playing would have made a difference but not so sure it would’ve have changed the outcome. On the other hand while yes the injury situation does go both ways, it’s not quite the same. Ladue being out hurts maryville but they still have  an equally talented ball carrier. It puts more stress/work on him him and it’s not ideal but it can work if it has to. . Vaughn is capable of handling the job. Powell losing QB1 is a much greater impact because there is no one else comparable on their roster  for them to replace him with. Nobody else can carry that load adequately. 

Edited by Bluegreymom
Typing errors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Said it last week, unless 11 and 9 can get the ball in creative ways it's going to be a long season. Wheeler is a nice athlete and will be solid but not sure you need the game going through his hands right now. 

I certainly have my doubts, as long as Potts is out. I had thought that you could nickel and dime your way down the field with bubble screens, tunnel screens, etc, but that requires great blocking, especially from your WRs. And outside of JJ, the Powell WRs can't block at all.

I worry that the longer Potts is out, the harder it will be to keep those guys engaged in the long run. Ayden had a nice game last night, as did Connor Wheeler, but I worry about guys like Redmond checking out permanently (he didn't play at all in the second half). This is a tough position for Lowe to be in, because he has to keep reassuring those guys that things are going to get better once Potts is back on the field.

3 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell runs away from this game if he played. 

Come on man.. I agree that Powell's defense played better, but just stop. That is what Maryville does to EVERYONE that isn't named Alcoa or Oakland. That was about as vanilla as I've ever seen Maryville play, and they still won comfortably.

Next week's game against Bishop/Karns will be extra intriguing if Potts doesn't play. I'm not sure they can even beat Karns without him. It just seems like Matt is banking on Potts' return, because I didn't see a unique game plan at all last night. He has to find out a way to move the football with Potts out, and that may require some major creativity.

13 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Come on man.. I agree that Powell's defense played better, but just stop. That is what Maryville does to EVERYONE that isn't named Alcoa or Oakland. That was about as vanilla as I've ever seen Maryville play, and they still won comfortably.

Next week's game against Bishop/Karns will be extra intriguing if Potts doesn't play. I'm not sure they can even beat Karns without him. It just seems like Matt is banking on Potts' return, because I didn't see a unique game plan at all last night. He has to find out a way to move the football with Potts out, and that may require some major creativity.

I agree nut.

Also not sure Powell isn't 0-2 with Potts. He is very good but he ain't worth 4 touchdowns in each of those games. If he was people besides TN Tech would have come knocking