UC Tornado’s welcome USJ to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Most guys in college don't run a 4.3

And let’s be honest speed and football speed are in no way the same thing ! I remember when we played TCA and they had I believe the state  champ in the 100 and he was sub 4.4 , thru angles and quick players he was shut down totally ! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I normally am of the same school of thought as you and I whole heartedly agree with the second half of your post. In regards to the first half, I want to make reference to last week’s Munford vs Covington game. Last year Covington won 41-8. Both teams brought back a ton just like USJ and UC. Munford won this year 28-7, a 54 point swing. Not likely that happens this week as I personally think this game goes to the wire but that game is proof it is possible. 

What Munford was able to do to Covington is honestly is the exception to the general rule. Everyone is saying how UC is improved, and that may very well be so. I would imagine that USJ has improved as well. Maybe the game will be closer than 2021. I still think USJ wins by a  fairly comfortably in my opinion.

Edited by ReitzFan

15 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

What Munford was able to do to Covington is honestly is the exception to the general rule. Everyone is saying how UC is improved, and that may very well be so. I would imagine that USJ has improved as well. Maybe the game will be closer than 2021. I still think USJ wins by a  fairly comfortably in my opinion.

I agree. USJ should win this one but I expect a better game than last year.

One more point on Munford, they picked up a  few new players via the transfer portal. That has raised their stock in a big way. I don't  think the comparison is relevant.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Very fair. Point taken.

51 minutes ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

I agree. USJ should win this one but I expect a better game than last year.

One more point on Munford, they picked up a  few new players via the transfer portal. That has raised their stock in a big way. I don't  think the comparison is relevant.

My point wasn’t that it was necessarily an equal comparison. Rather I just wanted to show that it was possible to close a big gap in score. Using the score margin from the previous year isn’t always a good indicator of how a game will play out in the current year