Dyersburg vs Dyer County

mg

Well, here it is one year later and the inter county match up is upon us.

Last year, the Choctaws learned how them Iraqi Tank Commanders felt during Desert Storm.

That was last year.  This year, no secret that Dyersburg is very young, from the QB to the water boy.

What does them Choctaws have in store……is this going to be like the battle of the little Big Horn?  Are them Trojans going to get scalped?

This will be a hard year for Dyersburg.  The important thing is for them to get better each week. Although very young, they do have talent.

Revenge is always a great motivator, and Dyersburg will have a full plate to look after.

Weather, looks good.  Crowd projected to be  93,201.  Moms Buffet has ordered up a truck load of extra peach cobbler.

Edited by mg
more

20 years ago was the first game played in that stadium and I was a junior at Dyersburg. My son is a junior at Dyersburg. Hopefully he follows in dad’s footsteps and puts it on the Choctaws. As you said mg, Dyersburg is young, and they have to make progress each week. So far, even in the scrimmages, the playcalling has been very conservative. If the OL starts to gel, we’ll score some points. Lots of young talent

On 8/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, TrojanLC said:

20 years ago was the first game played in that stadium and I was a junior at Dyersburg. My son is a junior at Dyersburg. Hopefully he follows in dad’s footsteps and puts it on the Choctaws. As you said mg, Dyersburg is young, and they have to make progress each week. So far, even in the scrimmages, the playcalling has been very conservative. If the OL starts to gel, we’ll score some points. Lots of young talent

The Trojans scored first in that contest 20 years ago.   

There doesn't seem to be much buzz around this game. Both teams seem to be down judging from the pre season into week one. I know Dburg is very young this year, so a bit of a down turn was expected this year. Graduated a ton of talent off last year's roster and the youngsters this year didn't see much real game action last year. This is typical in alot of rural areas, where there's a class that comes through that is special and then there's a drop off for a year or two until the next class is up to speed. And I say alot of rural areas, not all. Haywood, Covington, Henry Co, & Milan's of the world reload every year :)... I don't know much about DC this year other than Taylor is supposed to be a stud. I'm not sure how much else they have, but from what I hear the defense is very suspect. All that said, it should be a great atmosphere tomorrow night as it always is when these two get together in any sport. I'm glad they are back playing each other in all sports. Good for the kids and great for the community.