Marion vs Sequatchie

Bushog02

9 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Did a Pruit coached ever look as bad as last night? If so provide proof. The guy didn’t win 300+ games coaching like last night! 

I'd say you could go back to his first 2 yrs he coached at Jasper and find a handful of lopsided losses. 2020 the loss to Silverdale was as bad as last night and got manhandled in the playoffs by Watertown. Last year had a hurt qb and refused to change the offense and that's why he lost 2 of the last 3 games. I'm telling you no one wants him back. Everyone is upset at the defensive effort but the offense under Starkey was lights out last night. If any Seq posters were there they would have to be honest and say that Jaspers offense healthy will be scary. Kinda like the Vols I reckon. They can score at any time but defense can't hold up their end.

Edited by CoyDillard
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

I'd say you could go back to his first 2 yrs he coached at Jasper and find a handful of lopsided losses. 2020 the loss to Silverdale was as bad as last night and got manhandled in the playoffs by Watertown. Last year had a hurt qb and refused to change the offense and that's why he lost 2 of the last 3 games. I'm telling you know one wants him back. Everyone is upset at the defensive effort but the offense under Starkey was lights out last night. If any Seq posters were there they would have to be honest and say that Jaspers offense healthy will be scary. Kinda like the Vols I reckon. They can score at any time but defense can't hold up their end.

Let's see how they do against Tyner before you crown them the Vols of High School football. 

19 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

:thumb:

Would have been a better comparison to say they are similar to the Mac teams. Can put up points but can't stop anybody, especially the good teams. 

Wasn't really directed at you though, it was in response to @team69. The way I read his post, it sounded like he thought you calling us Tennessee meant we are world beaters. 

7 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I'm guessing MC won't be wanting to build a statue of this first year coach like ole Troy B....:D

Nobody was wanting to build a statue of Troy after his first year. There was a lot of hope and positive momentum, but nobody had crowned him yet. 

He might turn out like his old HC, can beat the teams that MC is more talented than, but will lose against teams that are well coached and have just as much talent. So far, it looks like we will be lucky to get just that. Only 1 game into his tenure though, still a lot to he seen. 

54 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Would have been a better comparison to say they are similar to the Mac teams. Can put up points but can't stop anybody, especially the good teams. 

Wasn't really directed at you though, it was in response to @team69. The way I read his post, it sounded like he thought you calling us Tennessee meant we are world beaters. 

Made that Mac comment last night. His teams had to outscore people because the DC at that time wasn't too good either. I didn't see many of the games but it was common knowledge. 

40 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Nobody was wanting to build a statue of Troy after his first year. There was a lot of hope and positive momentum, but nobody had crowned him yet. 

He might turn out like his old HC, can beat the teams that MC is more talented than, but will lose against teams that are well coached and have just as much talent. So far, it looks like we will be lucky to get just that. Only 1 game into his tenure though, still a lot to he seen. 

Yeah we gotta give him more than 1 game. Offensively I have no worries at all. He has installed a totally different offense with a lot of very young kids and it's evident they are going to be explosive. Add to that the skill kids that he has coming for the next 4 to 6 yrs there should be a lot of potent offenses. Defense is where the concern is. Lost a starting LB for the season and the heart of the defense/team for the 2nd half against Dunlap. 

I second that comment about his HC. Should be a few more gold balls in the trophy case at SP. Most know that as well. Lost a lot of games getting outcoached.

11 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

They will move the ball but won't be able to stop Tyner

It may be crazy but I don't think tyner will be as successful as seq was.  I know tyner is better but their qb doesn't like to run, or he didn't last year.  We might see some wildcat from the Rams though.  Am I wrong to think that we adjusted and went man to man the first time that stopped dunlap and brought some pressure?  Then we went right back to the safety being 20 yards off the slot guy.  We are athletic enough to matchup man to man with most teams on our schedule.

12 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

It never crossed my mind you were world beaters. I saw Dunlap's Defence and they were pretty slow. I think Tyner will show just how good your offence is. Im sure with your Athletes y'all will put up points on slower teams. I think Tyner will match your Athletes.Good luck!