West TN Rural Top 10 Week 2

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think that Riverside is a good team this year and I certainly think they have an excellent shot at making it to Chattanooga. What you have said about how they have finished in the last several years is factually correct. But a pancake always has two sides no matter how flat you make it. Here is the other side. When Riverside went out in the semis it was to a region 7 team. When they went out in the qtrs it was to a region 5/6 team who went out in the semis to a region 7 team. If I had to bet money on who would represent the west in 2A I would put it on a region 7 team until Riverside or anyone else proves differently. 

The only Region 7 team I have faith in to make a deep postseason run is Huntingdon. Not a believer in Camden, Westview appears to be having some issues, Gibson County has a first year head coach. What did Union City do to impress everybody? Beat a dysfunctional team in Lake County? People can say that return a lot of starters, but so does Riverside.  And what you said about Region 7 in the semifinals is true. However, no one in Region 7 has a QB committed to Alabama and have the ability to make 50 yard throws on the run. In addition, I highly doubt we're going to see a Region 7-2A team pull off a 44 game winning streak. So, Riverside's lack of winning in the semifinals was interrupted by two legit teams. I don't see anybody in Region 7 have anywhere near the the teams of 2019 Peabody and 2021 Westview. 

If USJ comes in to Union City and wins pretty significantly, then people will be changing their minds.

9 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The only Region 7 team I have faith in to make a deep postseason run is Huntingdon. Not a believer in Camden, Westview appears to be having some issues, Gibson County has a first year head coach. What did Union City do to impress everybody? Beat a dysfunctional team in Lake County? People can say that return a lot of starters, but so does Riverside.  And what you said about Region 7 in the semifinals is true. However, no one in Region 7 has a QB committed to Alabama and have the ability to make 50 yard throws on the run. In addition, I highly doubt we're going to see a Region 7-2A team pull off a 44 game winning streak. So, Riverside's lack of winning in the semifinals was interrupted by two legit teams. I don't see anybody in Region 7 have anywhere near the the teams of 2019 Peabody and 2021 Westview. 

If USJ comes in to Union City and wins pretty significantly, then people will be changing their minds.

I agree about the USJ UC game. I think that one will come down to wire but we will see.