West TN Rural Top 10 Week 2

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

1 thru 7 looks good  but Dresden should definitely be ahead of Union City. Just going off the eye test when Dresden played Union City in the Scrimmage. They didn't score but one time against our starting D.

UC scored 3 times against Dresden in the scrimmage against the starting D. The score was 3-3 and Dresden scored due to blown coverages where the receiver was wide open down the field. Dresden couldn’t run against UC. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No. I think we learned our lesson. We will play where we are classified. 

At least you admitted that Milan has learned a lesson. I just hate to see y'all appear to be leaving 4A, but wish y'all the best. But 4A is extremely difficult, especially for Hardin County in the playoffs. Not to mention, the big 3 in East Tennessee. I still do believe the 4A is the most difficult class to win a state championship, hands down. I know Alcoa is in 3A, and Maryville/Oakland is in 6A. However, just getting to Chattanooga in 4A is an accomplishment itself. And seeing how Haywood has struggled to win it all, is troublesome because they're so dominant over here in West Tennessee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I see your point. I’m just saying anyone that wants to insinuate they were running needs to take it up with them instead of with me on coach T. 

Like they say in Milan…. If we cant run with the  big dawgs…. We try to hide from them.

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I really can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said.

We’ve got a lot of good teams in West Tennessee this year, but like some others have said, there are so many good teams it’s going to take 3 weeks or so to get a good handle on where teams should be ranked.  It’s no doubt that Henry Co. should be number 1.  I like your 2 and 3 as well.

I don’t believe Milan went 4A to avoid Alcoa.  That would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  There are plenty of 4A juggernauts in Middle and East Tennessee.  The 2018 Greeneville team was an absolute beast!

12 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I really can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said.

We’ve got a lot of good teams in West Tennessee this year, but like some others have said, there are so many good teams it’s going to take 3 weeks or so to get a good handle on where teams should be ranked.  It’s no doubt that Henry Co. should be number 1.  I like your 2 and 3 as well.

I don’t believe Milan went 4A to avoid Alcoa.  That would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  There are plenty of 4A juggernauts in Middle and East Tennessee.  The 2018 Greeneville team was an absolute beast!

I don’t know if they did or didn’t. I just know what I was told when I asked. It’s silly that some people continue this almost 2 years after it happened.  But yes I agree lots of good teams in West TN this year. Will be a fun season. 

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This gets old going back and forth on this with you. I wish I could be Mrs. Cleo and tell you what was going thru the AD and coaches mind but unfortunately I will just have to go by what they said. I have said this every time you have asked since we moved up (and it’s been a lot) and I will say it every time you ask after this. Can’t say anything else but the truth no matter how many times you ask. 

I just want you to own it. I remember having a in depth conversation with you about it on the phone. You were almost offended that I said y'all were running from Alcoa.... You denied it. Just own it. You are a big boy. I would sound something like this " you know, looking back I just got that 1 wrong. I wish our AD had choose to stay in 3a " 

12 hours ago, FootballFan22 said:

UC scored 3 times against Dresden in the scrimmage against the starting D. The score was 3-3 and Dresden scored due to blown coverages where the receiver was wide open down the field. Dresden couldn’t run against UC. 

Interesting. I really think UC vs USJ is setting up to be the game of the week.