West TN Rural Top 10 Week 2

23 minutes ago, Waker said:

Don’t see a problem with it. Curious if UC is for real or if LC coaching isn’t up for the task. Dresden is looking tough. I feel like it’s because they have a former Mustang on staff. B)

We have a stank on staff? WTF is that about? I was giving McKenzie props because they have a Lion on staff. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t know anything about the top 3 or Munford. We scrimmaged USJ SGC and crockett and they aren’t any better than Peabody. Milan hasn’t proved anything by beating Peabody. They are good but how good ?  I think Milan’s  o and dline may get exposed by 4a teams. 

Munford is real.  

2 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

Munford is real.  

The early poll is pretty accurate.  There will be some surprises, I'm sure.  BPM, Milan should be ranked higher.  But it's really to early to judge, but it is quite entertaining.  So right now I think I will just BeQuiet 

7 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

The early poll is pretty accurate.  There will be some surprises, I'm sure.  BPM, Milan should be ranked higher.  But it's really to early to judge, but it is quite entertaining.  So right now I think I will just BeQuiet 

Some people think Milan should be higher and some think lower. I think at 10 Milan is about right for now. I think the potential for them to be higher but with a few of neuroses the wheels could fall of like last year. 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE, I went back into your preseason poll, and I noticed that you ahead Union City ahead of Riverside. Last year, Union City went 7-4 and was bounced in the first round. Riverside went 12-2 and lost to Westview in the semifinals. Riverside lost to Westview by 17, while Union City lost to Westview by 35. So what changed? Riverside is expecting to make a big run again this season.

Regarding to this week, I would flip McKenzie and Hardin County. I would put South Gibson over USJ. Riverside will be my #8 team, Dresden will slide in at #9, and Jackson Christian at #10.

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Some people think Milan should be higher and some think lower. I think at 10 Milan is about right for now. I think the potential for them to be higher but with a few of neuroses the wheels could fall of like last year. 

Main question I've got about Milan at this point is can they stop the run. Peabody ran between the tackles in the 2nd half pretty effectively on the Dogs. Milan has great pursuit to the edge but are a little light in the britches up front.

2 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

Who knows at this point.

I just wasn't impressed with Peabody or Milan at all.

I do believe SGC has a very, VERY GOOD, squad with a ton of potential. Haywood is Haywood. Henry is Henry. 

McKenzie is Rick Flair at this point. To be the man....

UC was impressive, but I'm not convinced LC wasn't a little over hyped.

Munford may actually prove to be the best of them all. 

Putting a beat down on Covington is no small task. This is not a knock on Covington. I believe they are going to have a great season like normal, but dang! Munford could come out of this season as the real deal. Time will tell. It is really, really early. 

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE, I went back into your preseason poll, and I noticed that you ahead Union City ahead of Riverside. Last year, Union City went 7-4 and was bounced in the first round. Riverside went 12-2 and lost to Westview in the semifinals. Riverside lost to Westview by 17, while Union City lost to Westview by 35. So what changed? Riverside is expecting to make a big run again this season.

Regarding to this week, I would flip McKenzie and Hardin County. I would put South Gibson over USJ. Riverside will be my #8 team, Dresden will slide in at #9, and Jackson Christian at #10.

Valid point on Riverside and Union City. And if you will notice I said in another thread that I felt like Riverside was the dark horse to win 2A. I just don’t know how reliable comparing scores from previous seasons truly is. Case in point would be Covington vs Munford. Last year Covington won 41-8. This year Munford won 28-7. Both teams brought back a ton like UC and Riverside. Notice I had them 8 and 9 in the poll. Honestly I think a game between the two could go either way.