Anderson County Travels to 6A Science Hill Week #2

19 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think the Mavs will have to establish a good run game then open up the pass. We have to be careful and keep the passing conservative...lol if SH has trouble with the run then II expect the Mavs should be able to do well. Defense we may be fine but depending on how well this QB throws the ball.

Do expect the team to be prepared with that long haul? What's the plan on special teams? AC looking good early on potential state run if all are healthy? 

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Great got see the BBBTV 12 Locker room chat replay tonight. Would have loved to seen it live and called in. Players and Coach Gillum fired up! Commentators and players throwing around some good news. 

Go Mavs SH put a thumping on you last year it's time for revenge. 

Coach DG looked like a young QB again. It was good to see him smile. 

53 minutes ago, GaddyDaddy said:

Do expect the team to be prepared with that long haul? What's the plan on special teams? AC looking good early on potential state run if all are healthy? 

The same issue every year.  Can the Cows beat Greeneville?  If they can, they will play in the state title game for sure.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

The same issue every year.  Can the Cows beat Greeneville?  If they can, they will play in the state title game for sure.  

Well Greeneville or not here we come. Many last evening were talking Powell and some other teams. And just like I figured Coach Gillum brought up Greeneville so yep they are in the backs of Mavs heads but they have to focus on SH after this big win at Powell. Mavs need calm down and take care of business early in game.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well Greeneville or not here we come. Many last evening were talking Powell and some other teams. And just like I figured Coach Gillum brought up Greeneville so yep they are in the backs of Mavs heads but they have to focus on SH after this big win at Powell. Mavs need calm down and take care of business early in game.

Mav, AC run game just too much for SH.  Yall will get this W comfortably.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You have to beat Tullahoma that is the objective. Yes beating Greeneville will be big but Tullahoma has become a sleeping power house. 

30 minutes ago, GaddyDaddy said:

You have to beat Tullahoma that is the objective. Yes beating Greeneville will be big but Tullahoma has become a sleeping power house. 

Tullahoma a sleeping power house? Come on GaddyDaddy.  Tullahoma had 22 seniors last year with almost all of them starters and won their first state championship in OT then their coach retired. ( They beat an avg Shelbyville team last week 16-7)  For you to even mention Greeneville and Tullahoma in the same sentence when one having 4 gold balls and 1 silver ball in the last 12 years and One having 1 gold ball.  AC hasn't beaten Greeneville since my Sophomore year back in 2005 so they are trying to get the Greene Devil Monkey off their back.

It's in question if Tullahoma will even win their conference

I like the checks and balance coach Gillum is using with play calling. Putting a lot of Trust in Martinez. Martinez makes the call or audible and only if there is something Gillum sees then it stands. As coach Gillum said not even the pros give free range to QB as Martinez has. That tells me Martinez knows what he is doing. Everything memorized and knows 
all defensive options. And sometimes not even coach may not know the play. Well coached and taught and very intelligent system. Koodos to Coach Gillum and Mav QB Martinez! 

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I like the checks and balance coach Gillum is using with play calling. Putting a lot of Trust in Martinez. Martinez makes the call or audible and only if there is something Gillum sees then it stands. As coach Gillum said not even the pros give free range to QB as Martinez has. That tells me Martinez knows what he is doing. Everything memorized and knows 
all defensive options. And sometimes not even coach may not know the play. Well coached and taught and very intelligent system. Koodos to Coach Gillum and Mav QB Martinez! 

I have to agree you could see exactly that at the Jamboree. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Swipes said:

Tullahoma a sleeping power house? Come on GaddyDaddy.  Tullahoma had 22 seniors last year with almost all of them starters and won their first state championship in OT then their coach retired. ( They beat an avg Shelbyville team last week 16-7)  For you to even mention Greeneville and Tullahoma in the same sentence when one having 4 gold balls and 1 silver ball in the last 12 years and One having 1 gold ball.  AC hasn't beaten Greeneville since my Sophomore year back in 2005 so they are trying to get the Greene Devil Monkey off their back.

It's in question if Tullahoma will even win their conference

Swipe right on this post