Farragut vs West

Volsfan52

24 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

If I am not mistaken, the West Defense held the Bearden offense to 1 yard rushing all night.  Their DC is probably one of the best around if you ask me.  I see West having no issue having the best record in 6a Region 2 after Friday. 

Oh, what do you know about West football?  Go on somewhere.  Just kidding YB, hope you're doing good.  

22 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

If I am not mistaken, the West Defense held the Bearden offense to 1 yard rushing all night.  Their DC is probably one of the best around if you ask me.  I see West having no issue having the best record in 6a Region 2 after Friday. 

YoungBuck, West is 5A, but they would be pretty high in the 6A rankings if they were 6A, maybe only behind Maryville in this area.

26 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Not to far off but Bearden gained 30 yards rushing. (Had 41 rushing yards at the half and West held them to -11 yards rushing the 2nd half)

West will be a considerable challenge. They are physical up front and talented at the skill positions. West’s defensive speed minimizes big plays, which is huge at the high school level.

The West QB has big play targets, but he also does a very good job of tucking it and getting up field when the situation calls for it. 

The Admirals will need a better performance this week from the defensive front and LB’s. Farragut will also need to take care of the football to have a chance in this game.

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

YoungBuck, West is 5A, but they would be pretty high in the 6A rankings if they were 6A, maybe only behind Maryville in this area.

That’s a bold prediction from what I saw on Friday/Saturday night. Let’s see what they do with the ADs this week.  Farragut looks solid and gave West all they could handle in last year’s shootout.  I like our chances, but we have a lot to work on if the Rebels are to win this week.