Elizabethton @ Greeneville- The Rivalry Continues!

CaliLB

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sounds about right. But I think Elizabethton will be a different team by the end of the season going into the playoffs. 

E-Town and Greeneville have done that the last two years. By the end of the season they had figured it out. Elizabethton can go 4-5, be 2nd seed, and Mess up someone’s season. It may be ugly early on, but they will figure it out.

Well... If I’m judging by week 1 I’d have to favor Greenville by maybe 2 or 3 possessions. However Betsy will still do well this year. Shawn quite frequently  has the team identity figured out after a few weeks. In 12’ they started 0-2 and still went to the semis . In 10’ they lost 5 games and still went to the semis. This team could drop some games if they don’t get more productive offensively. I’d like to see #18 Mitchell at QB and let him get the ball to #5, #21, #9 and #19 (I’m sure there’s more). 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:51 PM, TinCanBetsyFan said:

Well... If I’m judging by week 1 I’d have to favor Greenville by maybe 2 or 3 possessions. However Betsy will still do well this year. Shawn quite frequently  has the team identity figured out after a few weeks. In 12’ they started 0-2 and still went to the semis . In 10’ they lost 5 games and still went to the semis. This team could drop some games if they don’t get more productive offensively. I’d like to see #18 Mitchell at QB and let him get the ball to #5, #21, #9 and #19 (I’m sure there’s more). 

I think you will see #18 at QB a lot more going forward. Maybe starting with the Greenville game. The defense will have to try to keep them in games until their offense wakes up. The receiving corps is solid, they just need to run more than 2 or 3 plays offensively.

• Like 1

Betsy had a week off to prepare. They certainly weren't ready for SH and after what AC did to SH I am really worried for Betsy in this game with Greeneville. Hopefully Betsy can make it respectable. I know they will completely turn around by the time they face the Mavs but I think it's too early for Betsy to take down Greeneville. We seen this before Betsy plays horrible beginning of season then the next thing we look up and see them holding a Gold Ball. It's a long short season.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, blazer1set said:

blockquote widget

27 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

This thread does not seem to be generating much excitement, which is odd considering these are 2 top 4A teams.   Sure Elizabethton is down this year but they're certainly not out.    I do look for Greeneville to win this one but anything can happen.

When Greeneville plays Betsy anything is possible. Both teams are 0-0. I believe it so quiet from both camps because of the mutual respect these two teams have for each other. I don't think you'll see much trash talk however DevilMan is in town lol

11 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

blockquote widget

When Greeneville plays Betsy anything is possible. Both teams are 0-0. I believe it so quiet from both camps because of the mutual respect these two teams have for each other. I don't think you'll see much trash talk however DevilMan is in town lol

Kevo, speaking the truth. Region 1 at the top has been excellent for awhile.

Not only do I have a tone of respect for the Devils and there program I know they have made the Cyclones program work hard to get better and win there Gold Balls.I have to say the Devils should beat my Cyclones in this game.This team has some growing up to do but they will get better as the year goes on.Hope for a good game with no injuries.

• Upvote 2