Morristown East @ Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

Hate to say it but this will be another snoozer....actually you guys will be Rip Van Winkle until Sept 23.   DB flips a coin and picks the score.     If I was coaching DB I would use these next 3 games to work on penalties because that sounds like the big glaring weakness right now.    Don't worry about trying to win 50-0 just work on discipline and playing within the rules, the score will take care of itself.    You can't get into the playoffs and have 100 yards in penalties and have any success.     And before anyone mentions it, yes, my TrailBlazers are just as bad, we have at least 200 yards of flags over the past 2 games.    Can you imagine DB playing Boone this year, it might be a quarter mile of penalties combined.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

Care to elaborate? Or is this sarcasm, because as a fan sometimes this statement could be either one lol

Crockett lost their starting quarterback Friday night against Letchar County Central he got his mask ripped off next guy in hit his knee to the head. I was told he was knocked out for a few minutes stadium was quite you could hear him screaming he started to shake all over they rushed him to Medical Center later that night he was up talking and was released same night. Backup came in threw 3 touchdowns looked sharp.

6 hours ago, Pioneers1982 said:

Crockett lost their starting quarterback Friday night against Letchar County Central he got his mask ripped off next guy in hit his knee to the head. I was told he was knocked out for a few minutes stadium was quite you could hear him screaming he started to shake all over they rushed him to Medical Center later that night he was up talking and was released same night. Backup came in threw 3 touchdowns looked sharp.

Aiden Clark was only starting while Jake Fox recovered from shoulder surgery. Plan was to always put Fox back in as starter, they just weren't sure he was ready (as in recovered)  Both are great athletes. So good to hear Clark is going to be fine. I'd assume he'll be out for awhile though with concussion protocol. 

I've seen lots of helmets coming off this year. Is something different about the chin straps? 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, blazer1set said:

Hate to say it but this will be another snoozer....actually you guys will be Rip Van Winkle until Sept 23.   DB flips a coin and picks the score.     If I was coaching DB I would use these next 3 games to work on penalties because that sounds like the big glaring weakness right now.    Don't worry about trying to win 50-0 just work on discipline and playing within the rules, the score will take care of itself.    You can't get into the playoffs and have 100 yards in penalties and have any success.     And before anyone mentions it, yes, my TrailBlazers are just as bad, we have at least 200 yards of flags over the past 2 games.    Can you imagine DB playing Boone this year, it might be a quarter mile of penalties combined.

Technically Boone only had 67 yards of penalties against WR. One cost another TD though so yes, Boone needs to clean those up. 

1 hour ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Aiden Clark was only starting while Jake Fox recovered from shoulder surgery. Plan was to always put Fox back in as starter, they just weren't sure he was ready (as in recovered)  Both are great athletes. So good to hear Clark is going to be fine. I'd assume he'll be out for awhile though with concussion protocol. 

I've seen lots of helmets coming off this year. Is something different about the chin straps? 

When I heard Fox got released from the doctor they were trying to hold off until this week when we play West.

Knowing how bad the Volunteer game was going to be... we went to Bluefield VA/WVA and watched one of the great American Football Rivalries - Graham G-Men vs Bluefield. Fabulous stadium (both team share stadium) and atmosphere, seats 12,000, place was packed and had another 2,000 around the field. Instant classic, Graham 29-25 winner. 2 really good football teams with speed like we do not see in north east Tennessee except on rare occasions.

Prob go back to that game every season the Indians are on the road the same week. 

Hopefully the Hurricanes can put up a fight for the Indians this week. Indians 38-07

• Like 1