CAMDEN AT HUNTINGDON

footballover

10 hours ago, Riverside123 said:

Huntingdon by a lot this game as they get ready for one of the biggest 2A match-ups of the year next week. 

Huntingdon 49-7

I think Camden can score more than once, River Cat 123, with that Wavo style spread offense. I think they can put up 21...hoping anyway. QB Dobson has some firepower with a couple of good receivers. I look for Jackson to have another big night on the receiving end. 

5 hours ago, @38320 said:

I think Camden can score more than once, River Cat 123, with that Wavo style spread offense. I think they can put up 21...hoping anyway. QB Dobson has some firepower with a couple of good receivers. I look for Jackson to have another big night on the receiving end. 

I agree.. Huntingdon tends to struggle historically against the pass, but have always compensated for it with their pressure on the QB. I see camden scoring 14-21 points. 

33 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

I agree.. Huntingdon tends to struggle historically against the pass, but have always compensated for it with their pressure on the QB. I see camden scoring 14-21 points. 

I agree. Camden is 1-1 just like us. They were beat by a decent Waverly team and beat a bad East Hickman team. We got beat by a good Mckenzie team and beat a bad South Side team. Just going off of Camdens stats from last week, but they are more balanced than us. Can throw and run. But will they be able to against us? Not sure, we are pretty good at getting to the Qb. However, if we can't, and knowing how are passing defense normally is, they could throw all over us. I could be totally wrong and we could go in and finish with a running clock, but I can never ignore a team that has any talent throwing and catching a ball against us. We should win, but like you said, they could definitely put up some points on us. I didn't know till the other day, but they have the ex Waverly coach that was a part of setting up that championship team a few years back. May be a stout team in the years to come.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Camden will not be able to stop the running game of Huntingdon. Mustangs will send that pressure from the outside and Camden won’t be able able to get many passes off. If this game is remotely close Huntingdon could be looking at a third seed in the playoffs.

My bad I thought Huntingdon was in the same region as Riverside and idk why I was thinking that. I don’t see why Huntingdon won’t finish second in the region. You guys seem to progress pretty well throughout the season.

Random Question..

and this is not aimed to be a knock on Camden's program...

It seems as if ever since Kevin Ward left for Crockett County, Camden's program started trending downward. Obviously Coach Blow had some success for sure, and even defeated Huntingdon, but Camden( from what I have been told and witnessed when working in town was never sold on Coach Blow from the beginning. 

My question to Camden, and others of course.. is this.. If Coach Ward Never left Camden, does anything change ?? Do we see the struggles that Camden has faced in the last several years? 

34 minutes ago, @38320 said:

This is a good question but I honestly don't have an answer for it. Maybe some of the other Camden folks can answer it, but I just don't know. I do think Camden will get back up. The people over here really love football. 

When McConnell gets the horses to run his offense and pays a little more attention to his defense the Lions will be competitive. Mustangs could never stop his offenses at Waverly, we just outscored him!