Perry Co. @ Dresden

HevyReturns

14 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Talk about this kind of stuff the biggest change I ever saw in a program was when the h i s factory shut down in bruceton. They were a top notch program year in and year out and saw a swift decline in numbers and talent when they shut the doors 

Perfect example. Bruceton is a really small town, losing HIS had to be a fatal blow to that city. 

The hodge brothers told me it was 100% because they aren't at bruceton.  Nothing to do with a factory.   It took lots of takent to handoff to NFL level running backs recruited by the factory.   But....both hodges told me they passed the ball all the time....in practice.....and they were awesome!   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

He is stable and was able to know people but has a fractured skull (with brain bleed), facial fractures, and other broken bones. He's been in and out of surgery most of the day. I'll try to follow up when I hear anymore.

Prayers for this young man, teammates and family from Dresden via Florida. 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, PCsupporter4life said:

It's hard to compete against schools that have more than one high school in their county. That's been the problem with Perry County sports. Perry County has 8,300 total people living in a county that has 423 square miles of land. The town of Linden only has around 1,000. There is 290 or so kids in the high school. Dresden has 330 kids but they live in a county that has 35,000+ residents. It's a tough place to live here. There's one plant (NYX) that is still open. The Hospital closed when Covid hit and the main factory (Bates Fabricating) in Lobelville closing, there is hardly any jobs unless you are a small business owner, school teacher or if you work somewhere else that has a hospital/health care facility. The football program isn't what it used to be because we did not have a feeder system like Junior Pro from 2012-2017. However, since 2018, the Junior Pro program is back and running and there are 50+ kids on three teams. That's the most that Perry County Football has had in years. More kids are wanting to play. They play Fairview, Lewis County, Dickson, Lewisburg and Columbia plus a few more. They are making the playoffs and making the semi-finals. Their 8-9-10 year olds as long as they continue to develop or grow I believe Perry County will be competitive and hopefully be a threat again. But the team at the high school now has almost 40 kids, that's 20+ more kids that they had last year and the year before. This team is a lot better then last years team but instead of having kids that have played football since they were five, most of these kids didn't start playing until they were 11 or so. Dresden and McKenzie and Gleason and Huntingdon, etc, have a great tradition of football. Unlike Perry County where Basketball is king and football has only been around since 1997, everyone else's has been around since the 50's or 60's. It will be a tough game for the Vikings and Dresden players and fans can say or do whatever they want but this Viking team is starting the foundation that is helping the program get back to the day's of the 2000's. 

Well said! Great insights! Sounds like Viking football is on the move upward & onward. I have been to Linden many times, it’s a beautiful area with awesome people! No doubt the Vikings will give it their all, plus more. And if Lions don’t go all out, we’ll have another “underdog” Viking team come to our field and whip us. May no player get hurt, here or elsewhere! Again.. thanks for this insightful post!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Keep the Vikings in your thoughts and prayers. Senior DB and RB was in a car crash today and has a hole in his head. He was life flighted to Nashville. 

14 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

He is stable and was able to know people but has a fractured skull (with brain bleed), facial fractures, and other broken bones. He's been in and out of surgery most of the day. I'll try to follow up when I hear anymore.

Oh no!!! Wow! .. Prayers, well wishes, & hopes for full recovery for him, as well as comfort & peace for family & friends, & community, along with wisdom, insights, & skills for all medical people involved!

• Like 1

There won't be any surgery on the brain bleed. He is stable and is sitting up in bed. Has to wear a back brace. He is still confused at times, they are going to try and get him to eat. 

Just wanted to update. 

I have never been to a football game in Dresden so this will be new for me. How is the service there? Just want to make sure I can update back home lol. Maybe I can run in to some of yall at the game. God Bless and hope for a good and injury free game.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 1:39 PM, hogheaven said:

The hodge brothers told me it was 100% because they aren't at bruceton.  Nothing to do with a factory.   It took lots of takent to handoff to NFL level running backs recruited by the factory.   But....both hodges told me they passed the ball all the time....in practice.....and they were awesome!   

So you’re saying that Willis was recruited?

7 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

There won't be any surgery on the brain bleed. He is stable and is sitting up in bed. Has to wear a back brace. He is still confused at times, they are going to try and get him to eat. 

Just wanted to update. 

I have never been to a football game in Dresden so this will be new for me. How is the service there? Just want to make sure I can update back home lol. Maybe I can run in to some of yall at the game. God Bless and hope for a good and injury free game.

Service should be fine.  It was the last time we were there. 

• Like 1