DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

That’s awesome. He coached the last Dragon victory over OR, didn’t he? 2009?? A lot of people don’t know (I’m sure you do), but he coached at OR years ago before Clinton.

Yes he did. And Clinton won that game at Blankenship that year. Something they hadn't done in a very long time. 

Clinton has been impressive in the first two games, easily dispatching two opponents, which are at this point winless. Oak Ridge beat a down South-Doyle team and lost a tough game to a good Bearden team, that is going to make some noise in Class 6A. The Wildcats are hobbled some by injuries, but are playing a lot of people so that helps. I have not seen Clinton play so I don't know what they run or how they play. I think it will be a game similar to last year's 22-7 OR win in Clinton. Dragons lost some good starters off that team, but apparently have filled those positions OK.  Is it the Year of the Dragon, we shall see.

Previous Years of the Dragon: 1970, 1972, 1986, 1992, 1997, 2008, 2009.  

14 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Should be a good game.  If I had to bet, I'd still bet OR wins a hard fought game. But, I am an OR guy and might be prejudiced a little. I'll guess 24-20 OR.

OR will definitely be the favorite coming in as they should be. I expect a very exciting and intense atmosphere. It should be a close game as long as both teams play disciplined football. 

If either team has a lot of penalties or turnovers or both....it could be a long night for that team.

I feel like Clinton is the better team. And since football is a TEAM sport.....I'm going with Clinton in this one. 

I'm gonna say Clinton 26  Oak Ridge 21

Edited by 92Dragon

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Clinton is to ever cross over and get the stigma of the past twenty years off their back then this game has more importance than most know. By winning Friday Night will water down the great arrival of Oak Ridge's new coach and put a feather in the hat of Clinton their time has finally arrived.

Its been a long time since i've felt a loss to Clintuun but this could back up my claim about this staff. 

11 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

OR will definitely be the favorite coming in as they should be. I expect a very exciting and intense atmosphere. It should be a close game as long as both teams play disciplined football. 

If either team has a lot of penalties or turnovers or both....it could be a long night for that team.

I feel like Clinton is the better team. And since football is a TEAM sport.....I'm going with Clinton in this one. 

I'm gonna say Clinton 26  Oak Ridge 21

92, you think Clinton is the better team based on what?  A win over sorry ole WB and AE (all their players are at Bearden, West and Fulton).  Just curious.  You're coach thought Clinton was the better team in each of the last 2 yrs.  I just don't get it.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

92, you think Clinton is the better team based on what?  A win over sorry ole WB and AE (all their players are at Bearden, West and Fulton).  Just curious.  You're coach thought Clinton was the better team in each of the last 2 yrs.  I just don't get it.  

How many starters are out for OR? Enough to sell it if you lose that it was only because of not having your best DB/WR? I bet #1 isn't playing because its a region game and when his NIL deal makes him ineligable, they can still make the playoffs. To bad that kid from NYC can't play 

52 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

How many starters are out for OR? Enough to sell it if you lose that it was only because of not having your best DB/WR? I bet #1 isn't playing because its a region game and when his NIL deal makes him ineligable, they can still make the playoffs. To bad that kid from NYC can't play 

No YB OR will have their best wr/db back for Clinton.  But Cats are down quite a few starters, but that will not be used as an excuse.  Injuries is part of the game and fans have to accept that and coaches have to get the ones that are still out there ready to play a good Clinton team.  I think it will be a great game.  Really looking forward to this one. 

Edited by oridgecat