Riverdale vs. Blackman

Pops17

11 minutes ago, Pops17 said:

Personally I don’t think they use the 6’3 receiver….he’s a match up nightmare for cbs! They don’t target him enough. I looked it up he had almost 900 yds receiving last year!!! GET him involved!!!! Some deep post, some slants, etc.

You talking  about the tight end? He didn't even play this game because of an ejection last week...we will have a full compliment of offense next week,,, this is gonna be a fun one. 

12 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

they were up 20-3?

Your Right.. I was thinking they had already scored that touchdown... it is still 2 and a half score ... to two score lead with two minutes.... I'll take it.. considering Riverdale was ranked top 5 and Blackman was sitting outside the top 20 in some polls... I'll take the win and have a bourbon neat.... 

Just now, Blaze45 said:

Your Right.. I was thinking they had already scored that touchdown... it is still 2 and a half score ... to two score lead with two minutes.... I'll take it.. considering Riverdale was ranked top 5 and Blackman was sitting outside the top 20 in some polls... I'll take the win and have a bourbon neat.... 

yes this game proved Blackman’s worth in the top 10. I knew this after the Gallatin game. 

25 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

yes this game proved Blackman’s worth in the top 10. I knew this after the Gallatin game. 

If Blackman can be a little more aggressive in the run defense they can make some serious  noise,,, The linebackers don't seem to meet the runner, rather let the runner come to them and thus allowing the runner to have momentum going into the tackle and giving Both before and after YAC Would like to see them meet the runner at the point of attack... but all in all , people have trashed talked, Tygard, his ideas and game planning, but I have nothing but mad respect for him and this staff.

42 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

You talking  about the tight end? He didn't even play this game because of an ejection last week...we will have a full compliment of offense next week,,, this is gonna be a fun one. 

No the kid from Ensworth is 6'3 and they dont use him like they should..... they pretty much only use him for 9 routes,  he's a big kid and he can catch and run from what i saw on his hudl. you sometimes have to force the ball to a guy to get him into the game. I've been to every game this season but the really just don't target him enough for his size and speed.

21 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If Blackman can be a little more aggressive in the run defense they can make some serious  noise,,, The linebackers don't seem to meet the runner, rather let the runner come to them and thus allowing the runner to have momentum going into the tackle and giving Both before and after YAC Would like to see them meet the runner at the point of attack... but all in all , people have trashed talked, Tygard, his ideas and game planning, but I have nothing but mad respect for him and this staff.

Well his onside kick theory is and was beyond idiotic, there is no argument/defense that could sway anyone on that…. But I agree the rest is working itself out nicely.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

22 minutes ago, Pops17 said:

No the kid from Ensworth is 6'3 and they dont use him like they should..... they pretty much only use him for 9 routes,  he's a big kid and he can catch and run from what i saw on his hudl. you sometimes have to force the ball to a guy to get him into the game. I've been to every game this season but the really just don't target him enough for his size and speed.

He had hand surgery n his thumb before the season started. He has slowly been working back into the game... he had 77 yards tonight.  His thumb has still been bothersome and has dropped a few passes that he would normally make. I think it is gonna take a couple more games for his qb's to gain some trust and for him to make a few more plays , before they have the same kind of chemistry. 

14 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well his onside kick theory is and was beyond idiotic, there is no argument/defense that could sway anyone on that…. But I agree the rest is working itself out nicely.

Well... it is obviously your opinion... but he had at least 2 more onside kicks recovered tonight... so its kinda workin... just sayin. 

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Well... it is obviously your opinion... but he had at least 2 more onside kicks recovered tonight... so its kinda workin... just sayin. 

Well I’ve never seen it before and I’ve watched a lot of football. But hey he’s got the weapons to be successful this year. I see y’all losing to Oakland but Rockvale is the only other right game left on your schedule IMO. 8-2 much improved.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS