Bishop's Cup 2022

PurplePanther

33 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Does Rector survive still another Bishop's Cup loss?

Until the Father Ryan Board of Trustees and administrators make the decision that it’s important for the school to have a successful (winning) football program it will be business as usual. It makes absolutely no sense to change the football coaching staff until a serious commitment is made to win championships in football at Father Ryan and a record of 5-22 in D2AAA the past five years in not even close to being successful.  If the mens soccer team or wrestling team were as bad as the football team has been the past five years the alumni would be demanding that Robin Dieterich and Pat Simpson be replaced immediately.  

It doesn't get any easier for Father Ryan. Their next three opponents (Cane Ridge, MBA, and Bowling Green KY) are all 3-0.

Thanks to 104.5 the Zone for sticking around for the duration of the game. I thought Lucas and Will did a really good job with the radio broadcast, particularly considering the inclement weather. Lucas had to work solo after the long delay and handled it well.

Edited by LouPickney

1 hour ago, LouPickney said:

It doesn't get any easier for Father Ryan. Their next three opponents (Cane Ridge, MBA, and Bowling Green KY) are all 3-0.

Thanks to 104.5 the Zone for sticking around for the duration of the game. I thought Lucas and Will did a really good job with the radio broadcast, particularly considering the inclement weather. Lucas had to work solo after the long delay and handled it well.

Lou

Please don’t change the subject matter and talk about a radio broadcast that means absolutely nothing!  This discussion is about how bad the Father Ryan football team is and has been for over 20+ years.  Will those individuals (Board of Trust & Administration) that have the power and authority to make the necessary changes from top to bottom be willing to do what is necessary to win in D2AAA?  IMO, the answer is that it will be business as usual and nothing will change.  Most of those individuals capable of making the necessary changes never played football past high school and have absolutely zero idea as to what it takes to win at the highest levels.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

Lou

Please don’t change the subject matter and talk about a radio broadcast that means absolutely nothing!  This discussion is about how bad the Father Ryan football team is and has been for over 20+ years.  Will those individuals (Board of Trust & Administration) that have the power and authority to make the necessary changes from top to bottom be willing to do what is necessary to win in D2AAA?  IMO, the answer is that it will be business as usual and nothing will change.  Most of those individuals capable of making the necessary changes never played football past high school and have absolutely zero idea as to what it takes to win at the highest levels.

actually, you made it about the FRHS board, etc.  the subject is actually the bishop's cup 2022.  : )

stop talking about the game!!!!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

actually, you made it about the FRHS board, etc.  the subject is actually the bishop's cup 2022.  : )

stop talking about the game!!!!

I responded to a question that was ask with regards to Coach Brian Rector making it to another Bishops Cup.  The problems with the Father Ryan football program and the inability to win back the Bishops Cup or any games in D2AAA is a direct result of the Board of Trust and the administration.  That my friend are the hardcore facts.  For those of us that grew up in Middle Tennessee and remember how Father Ryan was always competitive with any team in Tennessee, this is a very sensitive subject.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I responded to a question that was ask with regards to Coach Brian Rector making it to another Bishops Cup.  The problems with the Father Ryan football program and the inability to win back the Bishops Cup or any games in D2AAA is a direct result of the Board of Trust and the administration.  That my friend are the hardcore facts.  For those of us that grew up in Middle Tennessee and remember how Father Ryan was always competitive with any team in Tennessee, this is a very sensitive subject.

I gotcha.  sorry to poke the bear.  

I went to the game so I didn't get home until 1am.  My highlights:

•  Pope QB1 is the truth: 11/14 292 yds 5TDs, 1 pick
  • Transfer WR was outstanding with 3 TDs of 37, 57,55 all in 1st half
  • even the commentators noted the lack of safeties
  • Ryan coach has never beaten Pope--7th consecutive loss of the cup

I don't know what will happen but I can tell you there were board members in the stands and they could definitely hear the displeasure of the coach.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I spoke with a lot of alum at the game that was the feeling...."What The.......".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I spoke with a lot of alum at the game that was the feeling...."What The.......".

Until someone removes most of the Board of Trust and changes the philosophy of the administration it will be business as usual.  I don’t know when or why losing became acceptable at Father Ryan.