Moore Co. @ Forrest

BlueRaiders41

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Are there any more Bells available?

Last night, almost anyone not named Bell or Grissom seemed like they did not want to be there. Including the staff. 

Moore's #6 and #23, I think they're still running. Forrest's band might want to consider learning "Yakety Sax" to play early and often when Forrest is on defense. I certainly felt like I was watching a bad Benny Hill rerun for most of the night. 

Unlike last week, this wasn't competitive. It wasn't a repeat of the Loretto game. It was worse. Much worse. The game was all but over in the 2nd quarter when Moore took a 27-7 lead and made it look like child's play. 

I'm not sure how good Moore is overall. But I am sure how bad Forrest is. This team has a chance to whiff the rest of the season. This wasn't a secondary thing. This was players flopping all over the field like a Bruce Lee movie where the dialogue is 5 seconds behind the video. Forrest players missed so many tackles it seemed like they were hitting the deck before contact was even made. 

More importantly, this team looks miserable. The staff, the athletes, the fans, the supporting cast. No one looks like they want to be anywhere near this program or this field right now. If that is the case they should just call it a season and we can get on to doing more important things. Almost anything else beats watching this team labor thru a game: Root canals, hanging by your toenails, being waterboarded, sitting thru a Joel Osteen sermon, a hunger strike, reading about QE II, doing your taxes, Spring cleaning in Oct., i mean heck, bring back "COVID" and let's just all stay at home. A couple of our remaining opponents might not have the game in hand til the second quarter in our absence anyway. 

I'll name a couple of opponents who might have the game in hand fairly quickly the rest of the way- anyone not named Summertown. MTP, Richland, Cascade, Marion, and ER might mercy rule this squad.

Last night was very difficult to watch. You actually felt bad for the kids. For whatever it's worth, they don't seem like believers anymore. Watching Moore rack up 5 C notes on offense in about 10 plays, and watching them gain 7-10-15 yards a clip at will while Forrest moped, hung their heads, shrugged, hesitated, lunged 3 seconds too late, and more, I mean, it's inhumane.  There's a team down the road called the Vikings that does this for a living. But it's not supposed to be the Forrest way.

Unfortunately, I do believe that Forrest has faced a half dozen or so of the best athletes in Middle Tennessee small ball the last two weeks. I will grant them that. But it's one thing to get beat. It's another to completely cave. 

None of us is perfect in this life. We all do a face plant in various ways and multiple times.  But I think everyone associated with the program needs to have a real dialogue internally. Do you want to have a season? Do you want to make the playoffs? Do you want to be competitive? And it starts with the head man himself. 

If getting boat raced in a complete laugher to a 1A team at homecoming doesn't increase scrutiny on Coach Eli, nothing will. I've made my opinions known on here for 4 years. An intervention is needed. Imagine these families who have slaved and sweated and sacrificed, with time and dollars and the emotion it takes to invest in this, and having last night be the result. I'm being 100% serious. This town, fan base, its former athletes, and its history and tradition deserve MUCH much better. There are some great fans and people in Chapel Hill and all over the state that love this team. Maybe none more than me, but there was no joy last night. Was like watching a dying animal come to grips with its fate. 

In the 5 stages of grief, eventually, you reach "acceptance." A few times in the last 10 hours, I considered that I might be there. But I'm not. I still think winning out and making the playoffs is out there. Call me crazy. But I'd like to give the PA announcer something to get excited over besides announcing that someone's Volvo is blocking another car. Who even knew people owned Volvos in Bedford anyways? It was certainly a night of revelations.   

Speaking of Revelations, the apocalypse is nigh for Forrest if some things don't get fixed quickly. Thankfully, Summertown is at your doorstep. But can you imagine if this is a close game late? Summertown's defense might have some tricks up their sleeve. If this is a 6-3 game in the 4th, either way, we are looking at a potential total collapse. Even if you get thru the Eagles, Marion awaits. 

Speaking of root canals, The Bells' daddy is a dentist, right?

This post was CoachT  gold. Your 9th grade AP English teacher would be proud. Thanks for the humor early this morning. 

Sadly, no more Bells or McClendons or Hills in the Forrest pipeline. Yes, their dad is a dentist.  I see him twice a year. He talks about football and flossing. I only listen to the football part. 

This team is looking like the 2018 group. Talent in spots but a defense that couldn't stop a peewee JV group and mental mistakes from start to finish.  I'm only in the 4th stage of grief now.  Too depressed to type a game summary without beer to cope.  

16 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

it’s almost as if Cascade offered more resistance?! :)

If the two teams played next Friday. Cascade would be a 2 TD favorite. 

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

FORREST  Marion is just a shell of what was thought to be this year.  Injuries have hit hard and there is no identity as of now.  Got some horses, but they have to step it up or we are looking at 4-6, 3-7 type year.  The potential was there to be better than last year.

We will be treated to the Potential Bowl in 2 weeks. I can't wait. 

24 minutes ago, pujo said:

Agrree, General for King of Coacht, insightful but loaded with humor. Love his posts

If you re-read it with Yakety Sax playing in the background it's even better!

5 hours ago, Salem said:

This post was CoachT  gold. Your 9th grade AP English teacher would be proud. Thanks for the humor early this morning. 

Sadly, no more Bells or McClendons or Hills in the Forrest pipeline. Yes, their dad is a dentist.  I see him twice a year. He talks about football and flossing. I only listen to the football part. 

This team is looking like the 2018 group. Talent in spots but a defense that couldn't stop a peewee JV group and mental mistakes from start to finish.  I'm only in the 4th stage of grief now.  Too depressed to type a game summary without beer to cope.  

If the two teams played next Friday. Cascade would be a 2 TD favorite. 

We will be treated to the Potential Bowl in 2 weeks. I can't wait. 

If you re-read it with Yakety Sax playing in the background it's even better!

Please believe me when I say I'm not being disrespectful to anybody's kid, but who is #13 for chapel hill? He played offense, defense, and special teams, and he was no bigger than my 5th grader. I'm just really curious as to why he was out there. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings by asking this.

10 hours ago, MC2023 said:

Please believe me when I say I'm not being disrespectful to anybody's kid, but who is #13 for chapel hill? He played offense, defense, and special teams, and he was no bigger than my 5th grader. I'm just really curious as to why he was out there. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings by asking this.

It’s fine…That’s actually a niece of mine who identifies as a high school football player. Forrest is known to be identity-fluid friendly-There’s 5-7 on the roster this season…

Seriously though, I kinda knew it was problematic to have so many freshmen playing so much…

16 hours ago, MC2023 said:

Roster says 5'4" 100 pounds. I'm not sure if he meets either mark in person.  Good kid with good hands. Does a good job holding on XP and FGs. He can catch and make plays in a JV game. Not sure if he would be playing meaningful varsity snaps on offense and defense for any other 1A or 2A team in the state. Yet another of dozens of examples of decisions that have most fans scratching their heads.  I tagged you on another post where I brought this subject up right before the game and the Coach Defender said it was stupid. When people like him are making the decisions it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Roster says 5'4" 100 pounds. I'm not sure if he meets either mark in person.  Good kid with good hands. Does a good job holding on XP and FGs. He can catch and make plays in a JV game. Not sure if he would be playing meaningful varsity snaps on offense and defense for any other 1A or 2A team in the state. Yet another of dozens of examples of decisions that have most fans scratching their heads.  I tagged you on another post where I brought this subject up right before the game and the Coach Defender said it was stupid. When people like him are making the decisions it is what it is. 

I commend him for being out there. He has got to be brave, but I was actually afraid he was going to get hurt. I'm glad no one took a shot at him. Not saying our kids would do that, but they are just kids.

19 hours ago, MC2023 said:

I commend him for being out there. He has got to be brave, but I was actually afraid he was going to get hurt. I'm glad no one took a shot at him. Not saying our kids would do that, but they are just kids.

They have him returning punts, at free safety, and at wide receiver.  It's not up to the opposing team to hold up in a varsity game when the game is on the line when the other coach puts a player out there who isn't ready for varsity contact. This is par for our course though. We went with a girl kicker in 2019 who could barely push it through on XPs over a guy who could kick 45 yard FGs. After a botched XP she ended up with the ball and Cascade showed no mercy.

7 hours ago, Salem said:

They have him returning punts, at free safety, and at wide receiver.  It's not up to the opposing team to hold up in a varsity game when the game is on the line when the other coach puts a player out there who isn't ready for varsity contact. This is par for our course though. We went with a girl kicker in 2019 who could barely push it through on XPs over a guy who could kick 45 yard FGs. After a botched XP she ended up with the ball and Cascade showed no mercy.

Wow!