H2O @ Dekalb County

TigerDaddy

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Have to agree to disagree here somewhat. H2O for years did not have any kind of Junior Pro as where TC and Gordy did, so I’ll go back as far as the 90’s. Kids were just getting taught how to tackle when they got to Watertown Junior High as where TC and Gordy kids were past that point and actually starting to learn schemes.

We were behind the eight ball and it showed!

If you don’t think H2O picking up Junior Pro football in the mid 00’s hasn’t helped this program you’re wrong.

Now with that being said… it doesn’t always mean that the success a kid has in Junior Pro is going to translate to the high school level. Kids simply may not grow, burn out, etc…

But, without a doubt in my mind H2O picking up Junior Pro football has an astounding effect on the product you see on the field on Fridays!

You know me...just trying to make sense of it all.  And you do bring up some valid points with the pewee stages and the overall concepts of the sport at that age.  Lets move up to Jr. High level.  I see (have heard) where TC and the Gordonsville teams run the same offensive schemes (waterdown to some degree) at their Jr High levels.  Cant say I have been to many, but some Jr. high games at H20 over the past few years.  I dont really see a connect here.  I might be wrong.   

39 minutes ago, Neanderthal said:

Gavin Webster: “We’re not tackling well; we’re not blocking well. Those are really issues we’ve got to get corrected. If you watch that game in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter, we weren’t blocking well, and we weren’t tackling well. We’re tired, which isn’t an excuse. Everybody’s tired…We didn’t finish.”

77 yards of total offense. 23 points given up in the 4th quarter. 14 points given up in less than one minute… twice. 

Honest question - are the current players not capable of a better performance? Or, are they not being coached to their potential?

I know this current batch of players is not a good as the player from the past 6 years or so. All those players played in the youth league together since they were 6 and 7 years old. Frankly they didn’t need much coaching. So I honestly don’t expect undefeated seasons from the current players.  That said, is the current team playing to their potential? And if not, why?

Watertown is obviously young & talent is down! I truly believe the coaches is getting the most out of the kids. We have played some talented football teams.  We haven't been playing red boiling springs. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Pee wee football doesn't mean anything when they get in HS. Who cares about pee wee. Here is an honest question how many of these kids actually got playing time at any point before this? I am talking about playing time special teams etc? 

I’ll have to agree to disagree on the youth football thing. That’s were they learned to play as a unit. They got to know know each other and what each players abilities were. If you ask any of those players they will tell you they learned how to be a team in youth football, not in high school. 

I do agree on the playing time thing. 

But none of that address my basic question… Are these players playing to their potential? If so, okay, that’s just the way it’s going to be. If not, why not? Are the players not committed? Are the coaches not coaching them to their potential? I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. But I do know it won’t get better until that question is answered. 

13 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Have to agree to disagree here somewhat. H2O for years did not have any kind of Junior Pro as where TC and Gordy did, so I’ll go back as far as the 90’s. Kids were just getting taught how to tackle when they got to Watertown Junior High as where TC and Gordy kids were past that point and actually starting to learn schemes.

We were behind the eight ball and it showed!

If you don’t think H2O picking up Junior Pro football in the mid 00’s hasn’t helped this program you’re wrong.

Now with that being said… it doesn’t always mean that the success a kid has in Junior Pro is going to translate to the high school level. Kids simply may not grow, burn out, etc…

But, without a doubt in my mind H2O picking up Junior Pro football has had an astounding effect on the product you see on the field on Fridays!

I was pretty much success in Jr pro doesn't translate to HS. TC didn't have jr pro for the longest and it didn't hurt them. The fact of the matter is the game is all about Jimmy and joes

23 minutes ago, Neanderthal said:

I’ll have to agree to disagree on the youth football thing. That’s were they learned to play as a unit. They got to know know each other and what each players abilities were. If you ask any of those players they will tell you they learned how to be a team in youth football, not in high school. 

I do agree on the playing time thing. 

But none of that address my basic question… Are these players playing to their potential? If so, okay, that’s just the way it’s going to be. If not, why not? Are the players not committed? Are the coaches not coaching them to their potential? I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. But I do know it won’t get better until that question is answered. 

If the names are announced and I can put a number with a face at that time, I couldn't tell you 8-10 players names on this squad.  IMO its rawness and the Friday Night Lights have not cooked in to these players.  YET!  Goes back to the same thing I posted last night.  Same coaches won over the past several years that you see every Friday night this season.  Your answer is (INO) they are playing to their best potential.  Just trying to make some sense of it all.  

Edited by MakingSense2u

5 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I was pretty much success in Jr pro doesn't translate to HS. TC didn't have jr pro for the longest and it didn't hurt them. The fact of the matter is the game is all about Jimmy and joes

I agree about jimmy and joes but when  h20 had the jimmy and joes it resulted in 0 gold balls and 0 beating tc when it counted so who does that fall on?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, biggest said:

They had jimmy and Joe's also!

Now this makes sense!  TC did have jimmy and joes for sure the two playoff games I got to watch.  But this is not what people are wanting to hear biggest.  They want some one to place the blame on.  Point that finger at.  So lets give it to them right here and now for all to see.  H20 didnt have an answer last year and apparently the 3-4 straight years they met TC in the playoffs.  Offense was suspect at best because the coaches (who ever was calling offense) just didnt have an answer for TC defense.  In turn, left h20 defense reeling with long drives (and short ones) only to have the offense relieve themselves from the playing field so the defense could head right back on to the field.  So for all the CoachT world here it goes!  Petition to have this complete staff fired!  Every single last one of them.  They have to go!  And now!  The principal, HR director, Director of Schools, everyone lets GO!  H20 will be on the winning path before the next district game if we can get this accomplished by Wednesday this week!  Something has to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or it could be just player inexperience.  Im probably not making any sense here, which I dont like.  SIDE NOTE:  With the exception of last years playoff game (i was present for)  wasnt the other playoff losses pretty close.  Maybe down to one or two plays?  

8 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Now this makes sense!  TC did have jimmy and joes for sure the two playoff games I got to watch.  But this is not what people are wanting to hear biggest.  They want some one to place the blame on.  Point that finger at.  So lets give it to them right here and now for all to see.  H20 didnt have an answer last year and apparently the 3-4 straight years they met TC in the playoffs.  Offense was suspect at best because the coaches (who ever was calling offense) just didnt have an answer for TC defense.  In turn, left h20 defense reeling with long drives (and short ones) only to have the offense relieve themselves from the playing field so the defense could head right back on to the field.  So for all the CoachT world here it goes!  Petition to have this complete staff fired!  Every single last one of them.  They have to go!  And now!  The principal, HR director, Director of Schools, everyone lets GO!  H20 will be on the winning path before the next district game if we can get this accomplished by Wednesday this week!  Something has to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or it could be just player inexperience.  Im probably not making any sense here, which I dont like.  SIDE NOTE:  With the exception of last years playoff game (i was present for)  wasnt the other playoff losses pretty close.  Maybe down to one or two plays?  

Here's an example! 2018 the undefeated team... you know the one "we lost because Webster put his son back in to play"!  People forget a couple of our stars had  a bad game. It happens!!!  (Example a fumble punt on the 2 yard line). 

Edited by biggest