H2O @ Dekalb County

TigerDaddy

2 hours ago, Neanderthal said:

Gavin Webster: “We’re not tackling well; we’re not blocking well. Those are really issues we’ve got to get corrected. If you watch that game in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter, we weren’t blocking well, and we weren’t tackling well. We’re tired, which isn’t an excuse. Everybody’s tired…We didn’t finish.”

77 yards of total offense. 23 points given up in the 4th quarter. 14 points given up in less than one minute… twice. 

Honest question - are the current players not capable of a better performance? Or, are they not being coached to their potential?

I know this current batch of players is not a good as the player from the past 6 years or so. All those players played in the youth league together since they were 6 and 7 years old. Frankly they didn’t need much coaching. So I honestly don’t expect undefeated seasons from the current players.  That said, is the current team playing to their potential? And if not, why?

No

29 minutes ago, biggest said:

I believe  2020 was the year  we should have  beat tc!   That's the only year  I feel  we had the better team.  Some blame can be on coaches ,  but I remember  another big time player  dropping a pass for a td.   Maybe the mental aspect  bit us idk.

So when you found out  last year h20 was staying home to host tc instead of traveling to megis that doubt started setting in of fear becauae this could happen for the fourth year?  I know when I heard that tc beat megis it deflated me and I think doubt started setting in for all of us including players and coaches .How does that happen to a team and fans because h20 just beat them 3weeks before on the creekbank 31-21  we had been in this same position for the 4th year . The same jimmy and joes that won on the creek bank 3week before got blown out at home .  Tc got off that bus last year with the mentality of winning I saw it in warm ups we warmed up with doubt. Who do we blame doubt on I really don't know but it was there for 4 years.

38 minutes ago, Katdaddy said:

You are a smart football guy and there is no way that you believe that 4 years in a row that tc had the better team /line . I will give you 50% 2 games.  In 2020 no way h20 should have lost that game with all that talent. Take h20 baseball they reached the state in 2021 lost 2 tough games . When they reached there this year it showed  the players and coaches were  ready.  My point is H20 had been in that exact same spot 4 years in a row with all the jimmy and joes  and came away with nothing. Again we can blame the coaches players  fans etc but that window has closed and we missed out whatever the reason is. We can ask all kind of questions . Is the talent down is the coaching bad but at the end of the day the door has closed and we have what we have moving forward because h20 is moving up in  classification and its probably gives time get worse from here. We just have to support the kids.

I knew H20 should have got Purvis to coach football this year.  But yes...support the kids 100%.  But I can say that isnt happening by many across the boards here and what I see and hear in the stands on Friday nights.    H20 faithful or lack of faithful is doing a great job with enabling a young in·ex·pe·ri·enced team.  Who is going to be talented I foresee.  Now, the classification change might really hurt.  

Edited by MakingSense2u

6 minutes ago, Katdaddy said:

So when you found out  last year h20 was staying home to host tc instead of traveling to megis that doubt started setting in of fear becauae this could happen for the fourth year?  I know when I heard that tc beat megis it deflated me and I think doubt started setting in for all of us including players and coaches .How does that happen to a team and fans because h20 just beat them 3weeks before on the creekbank 31-21  we had been in this same position for the 4th year . The same jimmy and joes that won on the creek bank 3week before got blown out at home .  Tc got off that bus last year with the mentality of winning I saw it in warm ups we warmed up with doubt. Who do we blame doubt on I really don't know but it was there for 4 years.

The coaches

Just now, Katdaddy said:

Doubt set in for all of us including coaches just like it did last night when  you and biggest heard those sirens and left poor ole roundlickronnie. Has anyone checked on him this morning?

Man...Im telling you...Roundlickronnie stood us up.  Wait! now that I think of it...  There was this one guy in the corner with a WEBSTER 2024 hoodie shirt on. Kept the hood up covering his face and didn't say a heck of alot.  YES YES!  It was him!  He had purple stain marks around his lips best I could tell...  I hope he made it out ok.   

27 minutes ago, JACKET316 said:

How did H20 look in this one? Improved from Westmoreland game? 

Bad again! I think we had 70 something yards of total offense.  Scored on a special teams pick 6 and drove it 25 yards after a mishandled punt. The kids are playing hard coaches are coaching hard but unfortunately result a are bad  on offense. We we're in great position on d but physically we are small and had trouble tackling their backs and big receiver.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Man...Im telling you...Roundlickronnie stood us up.  Wait! now that I think of it...  There was this one guy in the corner with a WEBSTER 2024 hoodie shirt on. Kept the hood up covering his face and didn't say a heck of alot.  YES YES!  It was him!  He had purple stain marks around his lips best I could tell...  I hope he made it out ok.   

Lol!

I took all the leg work out H20 Unfaithful!  Lets get to work replacing this coaching staff.  Its time for a change.  We dont need anyone in a position like this who has dedicated their time on and off the field to try and make a difference in a young persons life!  Its time for some WINNERS!  So get out there and lets do this!  Can someone get this to Creasy, Rankin, Ryan whoever up in Westmoreland who some poster thinks is the best 2A DC... heck anyone!  

UNOFFICIAL and NOT ENDORSED BY THE RESPECTED SCHOOL SYSTEM

Job details

Job Type

Full-time

Full Job Description

Position: Head Football Coach

Excited to bring back football for our students and community. The Head Football Coach will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Athletic Director in developing and implementing a new full roster football program to begin play in the Fall of 2023.

The Head Football Coach will have the opportunity to rebuild a program from basically the beginning. The Head Coach will have input on various items such as equipment, uniforms, practice equipment, hiring of assistant coaches, significant facility upgrades, etc. This is an exciting time to be a Tiger!

Job Description:

Position: Head Coach (Will be able to hand pick all new assistant coaches/all previous assistance relieved)

Reports To: Fan Base and maybe the Building Principal/Athletic Director

Minimum Qualifications: Minimum 2 years in Jr/Sr Pro; No need for Jr High Coaching Experience   

Supervises Student participants under his/her direction.

Terms of Employment: WIN all games at all costs. (Especially against TC) Cater to fan base and play favorites for the more consistent cash donor’s kid(s).  Or whichever fan base member  can draw up something from the stands on Friday nights.

Evaluation: The performance of the coach shall be evaluated by the fan base. 

Terms of Employment: Salary as determined by the Fan Base

Season length will be established by fan base and/or A building principal for non-athletic activities.
Evaluation: The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with

provisions of the fan base policy.

Performance Responsibilities:

• Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport/activity involved.  Or just WIN
  • Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season. Or just WIN
  • Works closely with the athletic director/principal in scheduling interscholastic contests. Or just WIN
  • Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate. Or just WIN
  • Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork. Or just WIN
  • Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport/activity is conducted at all times that students are present. Or just WIN
  • Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his sport/activity. Or just WIN
  • Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students. Or just WIN
  • Present a positive image of the school to parents, and convey to them the school's genuine concern with the education, growth, and development of each student. Or just WIN
  • Seek to establish friendly and cooperative partnerships between home and school. Or just WIN
  • Work to develop a positive public relationship between the school district and the community. Or just WIN
  • Strive to maintain and improve professional competence. Or just WIN
  • Other reasonable duties as assigned by the building principal. Or just WIN
  • Most of all WIN! WIN! WIN! At all costs!  Previous bullet points do not apply if winning is the most important aspect of coaching.

Apply in person or respond via CoachT Message boards. 

Disclaimer:  This is intended for unoffical use only.  Wilson County Schools or any associate of said school system does not endorse this above listed text.  Fun and joking only.  Never know in today's time.   Just trying to make some sense of it all.