Haywood @ Milan

Kruger77

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

1.  Milan 2022 is not Fayette Ware 1970.  Haywood 1970 is not Haywood 2022.
2.  Coach Hooper passed away in 1998.
3.  Just like nobody puts baby in a corner, nobody scores 100 on Milan.  Not SGC, not anybody.

A little background about that 110 - 0 score.  The game was played in 1970.  Fayette Co. High and W.P. Ware had just been consolidated to form Fayette Ware.  Most of the white players transferred to Fayette Academy leaving Fayette Ware with a team of players who had never played football.  It was a heartless beat down to kids who just wanted to play the game they had watched others play.  I'm not proud of what Haywood did that night.

I have the utmost respect for Milan.  If Haywood is fortunate enough to win.  It won't be a runaway.  I expect the score to be close.

There was a ton of sarcasm meant in my post. Gotcha! We all know it should be a good game. 

BPM is sandbagging and we all know it. They have a good team. Way, way better than last year. 

This could be a good game after seeing both teams play, but one thing I will say if Milan doesn’t double team or have somebody very very quick off the line it could be a very long night  #15 from Haywood will be disruptive all night long he’s very very fast off the ball and is hard to contain anywhere he lines up on then defensive line @Tomcatfan2011you might could help with the name I’m looking for 

Edited by Cavaliers9814

32 minutes ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

This could be a good game after seeing both teams play, but one thing I will say if Milan doesn’t double team or have somebody very very quick off the line it could be a very long night  #15 from Haywood will be disruptive all night long he’s very very fast off the ball and is hard to contain anywhere he lines up on then defensive line @Tomcatfan2011you might could help with the name I’m looking for 

Kevion Davis is his name

Edited by Tomcatfan2011

17 hours ago, stacmot said:

So the plan is to distract the Cats with pretty girls...Milan is pulling out all the stops!   Lol

For Tomcat fans who might be interested.  Here's the Milan Mirror-Exchange's predictions for Friday night.

Haywood (3-0, 1-0 7-4A) at Milan (4-0, 1-0)

A big matchup in the second week of region play as both teams come in undefeated and playing well. Lexington scored 28 points on the Tomcats, so maybe there is hope. (Note: Milan is 2-0 when Odom picks against them.)

Vic's Pick: Milan 28, Haywood 27
Odom's Pick: Haywood 35, Milan 28

The paragraph below is taken from a preview article concerning the game.

"Haywood gave up 28 points to Lexington last week as the Tomcats struggled to contain Lexington’s Isiah McClaine. That game showed that Haywood can be scored upon."

The rest of the article dealt with comments from Coach Carr concerning the game.  Carr was complimentary of the Tomcats, but he is a coach, and we all know coach-speak.  I'm sure Coach Smith will be just as complimentary of the Dawgs.

:roflol:

:roflolk:

My friend, Victor Bob is gassed up! He is calling for the upset of the Tomcats! If I have to eat crow, I will. However, I just do not see it happening. 

1 hour ago, Lejerwin said:

That's why it won't be

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

:roflol:

:roflolk:

My friend, Victor Bob is gassed up! He is calling for the upset of the Tomcats! If I have to eat crow, I will. However, I just do not see it happening. 

I agree with both of you. Vic is crazy and the game won’t be close. Don’t know why we are even playing it. Go ahead and give the win to Haywood. 

• Like 1

It's going to take a top notch effort from Haywood to avoid a tough road loss at Milan. But I assure you the Tomcats will be ready. This is not their first time to enter hostile territory with the whole state watching. Coach Smith has not lost a region game in going on six seasons, and that goes back to Germantown days and includes two wins over a then nationally ranked Whitehaven, one on the road. Hoping for a great game from both sides.  Haywood 42, Milan 31.