Greenback Travels to the Wonderful,Wonderful World of OZ

orngnblk

28 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

BOOYAH!

Got to watch him several times, knew he was special when he was just a freshman, nothing average about this cat, one's like this don't come around very often. Seems as though he comes from a GREAT family. I've seen some good ones over the years. Even Played with some good one's,One went Auburn another to Clemson, One was a QB, Other just an athelete, Fastest white alive. Just not the sharpest tool in the shed, Both were very gifted.Both played For Avery Co in NC

2 hours ago, bfl96 said:

True that.

Good win!  Just stating the facts though.  Not many teams in single A have a winning record against GB. I'm thinking South Pitt does.  We had their number in the playoffs for two decades and once they broke that monkeys back  it was no looking back till the past couple years it seems like. 

6 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Good win!  Just stating the facts though.  Not many teams in single A have a winning record against GB. I'm thinking South Pitt does.  We had their number in the playoffs for two decades and once they broke that monkeys back  it was no looking back till the past couple years it seems like. 

Even when Greenback is down they are still a pretty good football team. Lots of respect for the team and the community.  I love high school football, the rivalry, the pagentry, and the community love of each team. Every region team should have a healthy hatred for the other teams, but should respect the communities, players, and fans. These kids work hard to do what they do for our entertainment. Most kids off the field are friends or atleast will be respectful to each other if paths cross its the adults who make a big deal out of everything. Ultimately i want every kid to be successful as an adult, I do keep up with the kids that go on to the next level and im glad when they do well. Even though they come from "the hated rival team from where ever" they are still young men and women who need support from "where ever"

1 hour ago, bfl96 said:

Even when Greenback is down they are still a pretty good football team. Lots of respect for the team and the community.  I love high school football, the rivalry, the pagentry, and the community love of each team. Every region team should have a healthy hatred for the other teams, but should respect the communities, players, and fans. These kids work hard to do what they do for our entertainment. Most kids off the field are friends or atleast will be respectful to each other if paths cross its the adults who make a big deal out of everything. Ultimately i want every kid to be successful as an adult, I do keep up with the kids that go on to the next level and im glad when they do well. Even though they come from "the hated rival team from where ever" they are still young men and women who need support from "where ever"

Good post.The hatred comes from losing and no where else when it comes to me.These kids on all these teams put in a lot of work.Nothing else like high school ball in my opinion!Good luck unless we meet again (Which is highly unlikely now)!

8 hours ago, rtl112 said:

We have been fortunate for a Country School to have the type players and Some of the coaches we have had no doubt.Yes Pitt holds a 10-6 record but those 6 are all playoffs wins by us.:-D