Fayetteville hosts Moore County

MC4FHS

Couple of things.

1. Dawson White was the best player on the field tonight. Kid is a monster.

2. City needs game play discipline. I know the kids were just having fun & playing with passion but these redneck refs don't like that.

3. I underestimated MC or overestimated City, still not sure which one

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I've see Fayetteville twice this year now.  I believe they have another solid team.  One that could very well be in Chattanooga.  I think their Achilles heel of being undisciplined at times could be their undoing.  

Well this Game has turned into quite a Rivalry. I sorta figured it’d be chippy with a lot of hard licks on both sides. FC didn’t have these issues with Lewis Co or Upperman. I personally don’t know what was said by FC players to get a handful of unsportsmanlike calls. 
It certainly wasn’t because of dirty hits or fighting. I noticed players from both sides helping each other up after a tackle. I know we’re down to a lot of Old Timers because of a Ref shortage. 
I think a lot of the jawing by FC could have been handled by a warning or 2. It’s almost like every time a Kid even looked at a MC player with a stink eye or celebrated a tackle the hankies started flying. I believe the Refs could have done a better job communicating what they were and weren’t going to tolerate from both teams instead of just throwing flags when they saw something a little “unsportsmanlike”. 
A lot of the calls were very petty and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phil24 said:

Couple of things.

1. Dawson White was the best player on the field tonight. Kid is a monster.

2. City needs game play discipline. I know the kids were just having fun & playing with passion but these redneck refs don't like that.

3. I underestimated MC or overestimated City, still not sure which one

You may have a point about the “redneck” refs. . I hardly saw the need for most of those petty flags. I think some warnings would have sufficed. Kids are gonna talk a little trash and celebrate a good tackle. We didn’t have this problem with Lewis Co at Home. Totally different crew working that one. 

• Like 1