CONSOLIDATE LINCOLN COUNTY SCHOOLS

Rocketboy21

1 hour ago, Tigers71 said:

Someone hopes that they can end City to have this imaginary great powerhouse team. It will never happen. My son will never play for that trash team. If you have 100 players and can’t win more than 2 games it’s not because you don’t have talent. Your players run terrible routes, poor technique and running back runs with his head straight down like a battering ram. Not to mention, diving head first into tackles. It’s Coaching. If you were winning, you all could care less about who was at city. Instead of holding County’s Admin accountable for terrible hiring, it’s easier to blame City for your demise. City started in 2013, County was down the drain well before that with all the players. You take city away and we’ll move elsewhere. We will never be at Lincoln County. Good Luck with that illusion. You all payed a retired, washed up Alabama coach 80k for 3 wins in two years at County. You’re like the Tennessee Vols of Lincoln County. 

I’m glad to see someone else realizes even before city was a thing, Lincoln county still couldn’t find a way to use talent to win

1 hour ago, BBRaider said:

FC has done nothing anyone else wouldn't do given the opportunity. They have free reign over a county of 35,000 compared to others like MC who have just over 6,000 thats not FC fault . Fortunate for FC when they re-did the classes a few years ago it was smack dab in the middle of Covid-19 with many students doing at-home learning the overall # was easily manipulated. The following cycle probably wont be so lucky!

Mc pulls from tullahoma..

On 9/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, PercyPeabody said:

Thanks for the explanation. I love what Fayetteville offers and with Huntsville being so close the area as a whole offers a lot in shopping, restaurants, etc. Marvin's is a huge plus in my book LOL If I was still playing I could be recruited with the fried chicken off the buffet haha

You should reach out to each of the high school's Athletic Directors on the who/what/where/why involved for your kid's  sports if they want to keep playing.  Physically moving into the area/having a change of residence wipes out some of the restrictions, but where you move to and then which school(s) they want to attend with whichever sport they want to play is the thing.  BTW, don't give specifics like, "my daughter is a five star recruit as a sophomore" because they'll start to spasm and foam at the mouth.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, Varo said:

You should reach out to each of the high school's Athletic Directors on the who/what/where/why involved for your kid's  sports if they want to keep playing.  Physically moving into the area/having a change of residence wipes out some of the restrictions, but where you move to and then which school(s) they want to attend with whichever sport they want to play is the thing.  BTW, don't give specifics like, "my daughter is a five star recruit as a sophomore" because they'll start to spasm and foam at the mouth.  Lol. 

Thank you for the info. I believe we have narrowed our choices down to two counties. I definitely won't mention specifics. lol I let my kids' play speak for itself. I appreciate all the insight from the thread. I apologize if I sorta highjacked the main topic of discussion. 

11 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Thank you for the info. I believe we have narrowed our choices down to two counties. I definitely won't mention specifics. lol I let my kids' play speak for itself. I appreciate all the insight from the thread. I apologize if I sorta highjacked the main topic of discussion. 

Don't apologize.  The topic was brought up just to stir the pot.  I had a full page response and deleted it.  Not worthy of the time.  Let the teams do their thing. 

• Upvote 1

This page has to be a troll to get reactions lol. Well lets play then.. you must be referring to Cornersville that's the rat no surprise their. City has one kid on the team from LC and he never took a snap or better yet even dressed out their ( he wasn't on the team) and he sat out all of last season. Its always the country boy schools that have the biggest problems with city wonder why? If they were recruiting LC kids then I assure you that the freshman from LC would be at city. The one kid they no doubt brought in was the kid from Huntland football and basketball went and sought after him there ain't no denying that one but his move was technically legal. They are a 1a team based off of TSSAA enrollment been that way since 2011-12 when city played a varsity schedule in basketball and took their beatings in those first two years but it was all ok then and when football became varsity in 13 or 14 they barley won games but made a run in the playoffs but it was all ok then. Now the tide has turned and City's running through teams like crap through a tin horn folks have problems. It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, Rocketboy21 said:

You all seem so worried about this? Just know That the coaching staff has nobody to blame but themselves. Morson was the worst thing to happen to this school.

Not worried at all. But kids are going to their parents asking who and what these people are talking about. Morson was a bad coach IMO and I’m not familiar with him having only dealt with one season.  Last years team under achieved and played down to competition too many times. He had a lack of control and discipline as well. I can tell you that the current Coach has class and he is very talented. We’d have two gold balls if he were the Coach last year. Administrators confirmed everyone on this team is approved by TSSAA. No one ineligible has played. Whoever is claiming any wrongdoing is simply blowing smoke.

Edited by Tigers71

2 hours ago, Doc931 said:

This page has to be a troll to get reactions lol. Well lets play then.. you must be referring to Cornersville that's the rat no surprise their. City has one kid on the team from LC and he never took a snap or better yet even dressed out their ( he wasn't on the team) and he sat out all of last season. Its always the country boy schools that have the biggest problems with city wonder why? If they were recruiting LC kids then I assure you that the freshman from LC would be at city. The one kid they no doubt brought in was the kid from Huntland football and basketball went and sought after him there ain't no denying that one but his move was technically legal. They are a 1a team based off of TSSAA enrollment been that way since 2011-12 when city played a varsity schedule in basketball and took their beatings in those first two years but it was all ok then and when football became varsity in 13 or 14 they barley won games but made a run in the playoffs but it was all ok then. Now the tide has turned and City's running through teams like crap through a tin horn folks have problems. It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun. 

Cornersville?? We couldn’t give a rats a** what is happening at Fayetteville City. 

36 minutes ago, Tigers71 said:

Not worried at all. But kids are going to their parents asking who and what these people are talking about. Morson was a bad coach IMO and I’m not familiar with him having only dealt with one season.  Last years team under achieved and played down to competition too many times. He had a lack of control and discipline as well. I can tell you that the current Coach has class and he is very talented. We’d have two gold balls if he were the Coach last year. Administrators confirmed everyone on this team is approved by TSSAA. No one ineligible has played. Whoever is claiming any wrongdoing is simply blowing smoke.

City should have three straight gold balls that 2020 team was better than the team that won state Morrision cost them that year playing that kid at QB who really wasn't that good anyways. Discipline was what cost them last year. This years team has a different vibe to them. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, PercyPeabody said:

Well let me ask this since my family is considering moving there in the future. If you live anywhere in the city limits can you still go to LC? If you live outside the city limits can you attend Fayetteville City? For instance I was told if we moved to Bedford Co we could live in Shelbyville but my children could attend Cascade if we were willing to drive them there each day. Thanks in advance for any info. I guess I really need to call the school board at some point. 

Fayetteville City and Lincoln County High School are in entirely separate school systems, so you are not 'zoned' to one or the other by a school system.  You can attend either HS whether you live in the City or the County.  If a kid starts at either in the 9th grade, they are immediately eligible and will remain so, no matter where you live inside the county (incl inside city).

For transfers, TSSAA rules are the concern.  If a kid transfers in, there is some gray area and I'm not sure how it would currently be resolved.  If you legitimately move into the city limits, you can be eligible and play at City.  If you want to play at LC, may want to check.  The crux of the issue for the supposedly ineligible transfer at City some years back was bus service.  I'm not aware that LC provides bus service inside the City - LC Schools did not do that in the past.  If not, logic would dictate that you wouldn't be immediately eligible at LC if a kid transferred and you move inside city limits.

If a kid transfers and you move outside city limits, inside County, it will depend on bus service.  Might be possible to play immediately if kid rides the bus to city.  Would have to discuss that with the school directly.    

Edited by PullinGuard

17 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

City should have three straight gold balls that 2020 team was better than the team that won state Morrision cost them that year playing that kid at QB who really wasn't that good anyways. Discipline was what cost them last year. This years team has a different vibe to them. 

City is difinately a real good team but they were not winning a gold ball in 2019. As for last year the McKenzie team was just tad bit better. City is one of the favorites to get to Chattanooga out of the west but McKenzie is loaded and will be a very tough out.plus City will have to play the quarterfinals and semifinals on the road. Difinately a tall task. City may have the best team in 1A but there is alot more football to be played and the west is loaded.