Rockwood @ Monterey

Thebalduglyduck

19 minutes ago, pujo said:

I think it will be a battle til the end, Monterey is not a bad football team. Rockwood sure has some strengths but I don't think they are head and shoulders above the other teams in Region 2. York has my attention. Oneida better come to play Friday Night.

I'd like to see a Hampton rockwood matchup.  From the past 2 weeks,  I can say rockwood is better on offense and Hampton is better on d.

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'd like to see a Hampton rockwood matchup.  From the past 2 weeks,  I can say rockwood is better on offense and Hampton is better on d.

That would be a heck of a game to watch. 

York is a beast right now and is playing insanely. I do not like how their coach leaves and comes back when he has players. That just shows him quitting on his team and not actually coaching them up.

17 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

There is a reason Wright took York back over for the 4th time.  He did the same thing in 2017 and they had a great 2 year run.  They are loaded.  I do think Rockwood is the team to beat however.  It will be interesting to see how York plays on the road this week against Oneida.  They didn't fair to well the only other time they have been on the road this year at Bledsoe County.

Bledsoe County beat Meigs this year. I don't think that's a bad loss. 

18 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

There is a reason Wright took York back over for the 4th time.  He did the same thing in 2017 and they had a great 2 year run.  They are loaded.  I do think Rockwood is the team to beat however.  It will be interesting to see how York plays on the road this week against Oneida.  They didn't fair to well the only other time they have been on the road this year at Bledsoe County.

York played with Bledsoe. I believe halfway through the 4th it was 21-14 and York had 5 turnovers. I don't think the outcome today would be the same as it was four weeks ago. I believe Rockwood can beat Monterey if they are as physical as people say. Don't get "too physical" on Monterey or they'll submit the film to the big dogs.

13 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I don't understand how Monterey can look good one week and look so completely flat the next. I guess cause it's kids, but last year at Oneida, they looked awful. Oneida, kept them in the game, but overall, Montereys effort was dismal. 

Rockwood is notorious for playing the exact same way tho.

6 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Bledsoe County beat Meigs this year. I don't think that's a bad loss. 

5 hours ago, MrYAIFAN said:

York played with Bledsoe. I believe halfway through the 4th it was 21-14 and York had 5 turnovers. I don't think the outcome today would be the same as it was four weeks ago. I believe Rockwood can beat Monterey if they are as physical as people say. Don't get "too physical" on Monterey or they'll submit the film to the big dogs.

I never said Bledsoe was not a good team.  I just said York was not at home when they played them.  All of their wins have come at home.  I'm curious to see how they are when they go back on the road again.  (not trying to reference Willie Nelson)

12 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

I never said Bledsoe was not a good team.  I just said York was not at home when they played them.  All of their wins have come at home.  I'm curious to see how they are when they go back on the road again.  (not trying to reference Willie Nelson)

And after a lack luster Oneida game, how they respond, this is a big one.

Just now, pujo said:

And after a lack luster Oneida game, how they respond, this is a big one.

We tend to play with pretty much anybody, good or bad unfortunately. I’m looking for us to respond but I’ll be honest we keep losing starters faster than they’re coming back. We have some depth but we’ve got 4 out right now that are major contributors or at least would be if healthy. We’ll see what we’ve got in the tank I reckon. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

We tend to play with pretty much anybody, good or bad unfortunately. I’m looking for us to respond but I’ll be honest we keep losing starters faster than they’re coming back. We have some depth but we’ve got 4 out right now that are major contributors or at least would be if healthy. We’ll see what we’ve got in the tank I reckon. 

We,ll I'm sure pulling for you, have 4 key starters out would hurt any small school.