White co vs mt. Juliet

90warrior

5 hours ago, brian2000 said:

Hate when teams do that. Seen it alot over the yrs. It’s like coaches are so scared of giving up a big return that they forget about giving good field position on the short kick.......with 17 left. All MJ needed was 3 pts. I blame whoever called for squib kick.

They did it all game… I don’t see this as any type of excuse… especially the way the refs called this game.

This was one of the more exciting games I have seen in awhile. White county has a nice one-two  punch  with the RB and QB running the ball. I can’t imagine how many yards the RB would have had if the defense had to respect the passing game. 

Whatever college the RB ends up at will be be getting a special player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Mt. Juliet has some major injury concerns. Throneberry acl, out for season, crisp (Vandy commit Lb) has been out since week 1, starting D tackle was injured first quarter… seen on crutches later in the game and our other starting rb was out tonight for undisclosed reasons, most likely disciplinary.

Wait, you’re telling me 7 isn’t the starter?  I’d hate to the the kid that beat him out of a starting job?  Does 7 have any offers?  Also I am speculating but I think we squibbed it to keep it out of 6’s hands,   Esp on the last kick, I’ll take giving it to you on your own 40 over kicking it to 6 at the 15 and letting him break one.  We hadn’t tackled well all night,  giving him a chance while exciting would have been foolish lol!  Either way on to Green Hill, at this point I think second in the region is very doable for us.  Much respect to MJ and their team and fans.  The fans didn’t heckle or anything on our way out, that says a lot to me.

5 hours ago, Warrior0318 said:

Wait, you’re telling me 7 isn’t the starter?  I’d hate to the the kid that beat him out of a starting job?  Does 7 have any offers?  Also I am speculating but I think we squibbed it to keep it out of 6’s hands,   Esp on the last kick, I’ll take giving it to you on your own 40 over kicking it to 6 at the 15 and letting him break one.  We hadn’t tackled well all night,  giving him a chance while exciting would have been foolish lol!  Either way on to Green Hill, at this point I think second in the region is very doable for us.  Much respect to MJ and their team and fans.  The fans didn’t heckle or anything on our way out, that says a lot to me.

Well number 7 had a 50/50 split with the other rb. I’m glad he was able to get the outright start, no question he should get majority of the carries the rest of the season.