Blackman vs. Stewarts Creek

Pops17

1 hour ago, OldBallHawk said:

They have a QB on varsity that’s hands down better than the starter… Can make all the throws.. Dual threat…. but HC won’t play him over the senior. 

Possible politics going on or just a old sentimental ball coach that thinks by being a senior that gives you some kinda privelege?  Either way, if true then that explains why SC varsity is such a bad team.

4 hours ago, OldBallHawk said:

The better skill position groups are on the 9th grade team… which don’t mean much when u throw it 3 times a game. 

This is a reason you see the transfer portal in action as much as it is in High school.... "My kids fast and a great receiver tall kid with great physicality and our high school program is a run heavy team and doesn't even consider building a passing game" 

On 9/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, OldBallHawk said:

The better skill position groups are on the 9th grade team… which don’t mean much when u throw it 3 times a game. 

But the freshman teams gets blowed out too. They need a new HC ASAP, and got screwed in the region change.. Smyrna now only has Cane Ridge as a threat, but Creek is in the fire 

1 hour ago, DawgsPBS said:

But the freshman teams gets blowed out too. They need a new HC ASAP, and got screwed in the region change.. Smyrna now only has Cane Ridge as a threat, but Creek is in the fire 

Facts...like last year ASAP. 3 years as a HC, 3 completely new coaching staffs.

• Upvote 1

Like what Tygard is doing to turn around the football team, it’s very hard when a school has split population but I gotta say man he almost handed Stewarts Creek that game, jack has got to learn how to use his eyes better cause he throws a int every time he stares down. If it’s broke don’t fix it they were watching ben the whole game and Justin and Jacob was wide open almost every time down the field it’s no reason to stop feeding those guys. A team like the red hawks I would have stopped kicking onside kicks to pin them deep they had no offense and threw up a prayer to score on a pass, Blackman dbs play way too deep on defense and the linebackers still don’t break on the plays quick enough. Just a thought for the screen plays I’d like to see them fake blocks and take off like sark use to run with Alabama wideouts. Oakland wins next week 56-34 unless Blackman can apply pressure ,stop tackling so high on every play they won’t have a chance just being honest. Screen game won’t work vs Oakland cause the dbs and linebackers will close out too fast. 

Edited by arshad221
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Like what Tygard is doing to turn around the football team, it’s very hard when a school has split population but I gotta say man he almost handed Stewarts Creek that game, jack has got to learn how to use his eyes better cause he throws a int every time he stares down. If it’s broke don’t fix it they were watching ben the whole game and Justin and Jacob was wide open almost every time down the field it’s no reason to stop feeding those guys. A team like the red hawks I would have stopped kicking onside kicks to pin them deep they had no offense and threw up a prayer to score on a pass, Blackman dbs play way too deep on defense and the linebackers still don’t break on the plays quick enough. Just a thought for the screen plays I’d like to see them fake blocks and take off like sark use to run with Alabama wideouts. Oakland wins next week 56-34 unless Blackman can apply pressure ,stop tackling so high on every play they won’t have a chance just being honest. Screen game won’t work vs Oakland cause the dbs and linebackers will close out too fast. 

Agree. Why weren't they throwing the ball to Brown?  What did he get... like two balls?  And he was one on one with his defender...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mat73557 said:

Agree. Why weren't they throwing the ball to Brown?  What did he get... like two balls?  And he was one on one with his defender...

Justin need to work on his releases to me and get faster but it’s no reason they should have stopped going outside, creek kept dropping number 3 in the box and downfield was wide open all the time. Blackman tackling angles are awful and they never get consistent solid tackles for loss. Just my honest opinion. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Currently, the winning percentage of Blackman's opponents is 40%. Not really sure how good this Blackman team is yet.   They really need to develop a running back and strengthen the middle of the defense. 

Well lets put that in perspective... Riverdale, Gallatin were both undefeated when we played them so, I wouldn't exactly say they beat a bunch of loosing teams... That same argument could be used for Siegel and Rockvale... (who lost to Smyrna and and only beat Riverdale,  scraped past Lincoln County and Siegel  and Lavergne While Siegel beat a Lebanon team who and Green hill...

• Upvote 1