LENOIR CITY @ OAK RIDGE HOMECOMING

bonkers

6 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

I think he could have been more upbeat for the sake of the players. 

He has very rarely praised any players. I don’t think that is his MO. It appeared as if 13 will be out for Powell for his second unsportsmanlike call and that can’t happen twice in a year, alone just within a few games. Especially if you’re a captain, just don’t say a word. He also seems very distracted this year, has dropped a few that should have been TDs and big gains. Did have a nice catch in the corner for one though. Hopefully, this gets worked out and he isn’t out for Powell. It’s hard to say but it’s easy to say coach was frustrated with the injuries for sure. I’m pretty sure all the guys would rather not be injured. Losing 44, 2, and 78 hurts because they all are solid players and need all of them if we have a chance against Powell. Hopefully all of them and 1 and 9 get the green light for Powell. It was great to see 7 back on the field even though he was still somewhat limited. Overall it was nice to get back on the W column.

30 minutes ago, Rwrbigcat said:

He has very rarely praised any players. I don’t think that is his MO. It appeared as if 13 will be out for Powell for his second unsportsmanlike call and that can’t happen twice in a year, alone just within a few games. Especially if you’re a captain, just don’t say a word. He also seems very distracted this year, has dropped a few that should have been TDs and big gains. Did have a nice catch in the corner for one though. Hopefully, this gets worked out and he isn’t out for Powell. It’s hard to say but it’s easy to say coach was frustrated with the injuries for sure. I’m pretty sure all the guys would rather not be injured. Losing 44, 2, and 78 hurts because they all are solid players and need all of them if we have a chance against Powell. Hopefully all of them and 1 and 9 get the green light for Powell. It was great to see 7 back on the field even though he was still somewhat limited. Overall it was nice to get back on the W column.

#13 has definitely been somewhat of a disappointment this year. I’d say some of it has to do with frustration and not being involved in the offense as much as he thought he would be because our pass game issues. He certainly hasn’t done himself any favors. I’d like to see some leaders step up on this team. We don’t seem like we really have any kids willing to step up and take on that role. I kept hearing before the season about how much of a leader #13 is, but he definitely hasn’t shown it on the field. We need senior leadership badly.

21 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

#13 has definitely been somewhat of a disappointment this year. I’d say some of it has to do with frustration and not being involved in the offense as much as he thought he would be because our pass game issues. He certainly hasn’t done himself any favors. I’d like to see some leaders step up on this team. We don’t seem like we really have any kids willing to step up and take on that role. I kept hearing before the season about how much of a leader #13 is, but he definitely hasn’t shown it on the field. We need senior leadership badly.

It’s hard to say pass game issues when the avg passing stats is 10 attempts per game. That number has to increase. To be a leader you have to stay on the field. I believe 33 is definitely a leader on d and for the first time before he got hurt, the first few drives, 2 was walking down the sideline telling everyone good job and saw him making sure he went to high five the lineman under the tent. He hasn’t lit up the scoreboard every week, but I was glad to see that. 7 is also a huge leader on and off the field. It was great to have him back in the lineup last night. If these senior guys can make sure to keep their teammates up, and we get healthy it will be special. I believe the best we will do with this kind offense looking at Halls, Cleveland, and even West is at most a 70 run and 30 pass percentage. Of course until last night it was more like 85-15. We have to get the quick screens, the slants, posts and even the go balls back into the offense like the first week. We have thrown very few since week one, until one drive last night. Hoping for the best! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rwrbigcat said:

It’s hard to say pass game issues when the avg passing stats is 10 attempts per game. That number has to increase. To be a leader you have to stay on the field. I believe 33 is definitely a leader on d and for the first time before he got hurt, the first few drives, 2 was walking down the sideline telling everyone good job and saw him making sure he went to high five the lineman under the tent. He hasn’t lit up the scoreboard every week, but I was glad to see that. 7 is also a huge leader on and off the field. It was great to have him back in the lineup last night. If these senior guys can make sure to keep their teammates up, and we get healthy it will be special. I believe the best we will do with this kind offense looking at Halls, Cleveland, and even West is at most a 70 run and 30 pass percentage. Of course until last night it was more like 85-15. We have to get the quick screens, the slants, posts and even the go balls back into the offense like the first week. We have thrown very few since week one, until one drive last night. Hoping for the best! 

Good to hear about #7 doing that. Need more of it. #33 definitely has it in him.

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

As an outsider looking in, it seems like #13 is frustrated and not very happy in this offense. I've watched the replays of the games and you can tell by his body language he is frustrated. 

18 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

As an outsider looking in, it seems like #13 is frustrated and not very happy in this offense. I've watched the replays of the games and you can tell by his body language he is frustrated. 

All part of growing up. It’s tough for a kid like that who has grown up always being the star of every team he’s ever been on, and now he has run into a little bit of adversity. Hopefully he’ll work through it and come out of it not only a better player, but a better person as well.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1