Happy Valley Vrs The Pups

pujo

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Come on Hampton, pulling for 9-0 prior to the last game of the season.   I think you guys are well on your way

Well we're pulling for you guys to be 9 and 0 too:thumb:... impressive win tonight Blazer against Mo West! again I don't think we'll have much for you fellers but we're going to give it an old fashioned try anyway.

9 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Well we're pulling for you guys to be 9 and 0 too:thumb:... impressive win tonight Blazer against Mo West! again I don't think we'll have much for you fellers but we're going to give it an old fashioned try anyway.

Regardless of record Boone always travels well and you can be assured we will bring half of Gray to your place on Oct 27.  I'm expecting a great game.    BTW, Boone has only won 8 reg season game once in school history so 9-0 is certainly a lofty goal to shoot for, hopefully we can make it.

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Regardless of record Boone always travels well and you can be assured we will bring half of Gray to your place on Oct 27.  I'm expecting a great game.    BTW, Boone has only won 8 reg season game once in school history so 9-0 is certainly a lofty goal to shoot for, hopefully we can make it.

When I think of Daniel Boone I think of a larger Hampton High School to be totally honest with you. I have become a Daniel Boone fan. I am pulling for you every game including the playoffs.... except for October 27th when you play Hampton:mrgreen::thumb:

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Not sure that means all that much these days. Seems a lot of programs are struggling...A LOT of em

The pandemic and the fallout from it destroyed HS football in a lot of places where it was already in trouble.  This year alone, about 1/3 of all the head coaching jobs in the state turned over, and that’s on top of an insanely high number in 2020 and 2021

Not all of those schools put much effort into getting quality replacements in place.  Many schools are struggling with numbers and with getting and keeping decent assistant coaches now.

Boone and Hampton both had strong athletic cultures and supportive administrations/communities in place already, so they’ve weathered the storm nicely.

Jenkins has been the longest tenured head coach in the state for about 7 years now.  Lunsford at Hampton is only around 30 years old, but he’s already surprisingly high on that list himself because of all the turnover.