Greeneville at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

33 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Sounds like it was a pretty good game and that DB needed a half to get its feet on the ground to play at Greeneville's level. Probably a good call by DB going for two, overtime is always pot luck.

Actually, DB moved the ball pretty well in the first half. Until they got in scoring position. They were in the "red zone" 4 times in the first half, on the 1-yard line twice and came away with nothing. Credit Greeneville's defense and some pretty poor play calling by DB. DB's big weakness is still the secondary. Thats where Greeneville's three td's came from. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pioneers1982 said:

I don’t get the logic of going for 2 when you had all the momentum. Now if you were the away team I understand that.

DB had the momentum and Greeneville was tired. No better time to make that call than then.  It was a heck of a call!  Had you been at the game you would have agreed with the call.  I told my son before we scored we needed to go for two.  That doesn't make me an expert, but it was the right call.  Don't give a team a 2nd wind when you have them where you want them.  That's exactly where DB was.  Greeneville made the play and the rest is history, but it was the right call.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:00 PM, TribalEmpire said:

Just saw that score. I am shocked. Betsy dynasty may not be dead yet. 

Don’t worry. We didn’t complete the upset, but we did give AC something to think about. Betsy still working things out. Still getting healthy and figuring out who belongs where. Defense is still solid. Offense is improving. May not make it to state, but we can still ruin somebody’s season.

29 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Don’t worry. We didn’t complete the upset, but we did give AC something to think about. Betsy still working things out. Still getting healthy and figuring out who belongs where. Defense is still solid. Offense is improving. May not make it to state, but we can still ruin somebody’s season.

Just be sure to say "well bless your heart" afterwards and it's all okay....  lol

4 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I'm hoping it's AC in round 2 with the rematch.  Would rather play a team that has earned respect and our rival than a bunch of crybabies that keep asking for respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Who is the "bunch of crybabies" you refer to?  Lol.  That's hilarious.

Anderson County.  They keep crying for respect but haven't won Jack Crap that matters ever in football!  Point Blank Period and they don't like when you hit them with that fact or any facts at all since they are the self proclaimed "Greatest Show on Turf".

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Well, the people in Elizabethton and Greeneville don't think Upper East Tennessee football sucks. I'll give you Oakland in 98' maybe, even though we had a chance of winning that game anyway. DB was better than Red Bank, we had one of the best if not the best running backs in the state that year and Clark took him out of the game to begin the fourth quarter for some odd reason. We were also better than Riverdale but Clark went brain dead and couldn't call a descent play in the second half.  Everybody knows Darrell Watson was responsible for the success during the "Clark years". Just look at the won-loss record with Watson and without Watson. Watson's defense was almost always able to hold the other team at bay until Clark could get his act together long enough to call a few descent plays to win the game. Also, you might want to consider that a team from Maryville is in the way of getting to the semis now. They weren't there when we went before. 

One of my favorite topics and maybe we can pick it up in a different forum in the off-season. You said the people from Greeneville  and Elizabethton don’t think upper east Tennessee football sucks. I wouldn’t think that either if I were them, but they are in the high school football equivalent of the special ed room and don’t know it. Tennessee has as many football champions as Florida and Texas, though they only have about 1/5 of the population. It’s ridiculous. Look it up & fact check me; Greeneville and Elizabethton have 4 state titles between them in the last five years, all from beating Haywood or Springfield. NONE of those “state championship worthy” opponents lost less than 3 games in the regular season, and one actually lost 4!!  You can‘t lose to Greeneville at HOME and think you’re any good.