JC at USJ...could/should be a great Division II A matchup

WestTNBuc

7 minutes ago, warhawk said:

your team was better coached and was very good that year.   Trinity fumbled twice and threw a rare oski which was the reason score not higher, not because of some charitable contribution.    The hatred of Bruins runs too deep over there to ever think otherwise.   

Please. We did not even pass the ball the second half. We showed mercy.

Those TCA teams were incredible. Also I was at the game, Trinity let off the gas. I do think it’s best when all three Jackson private teams are good, but not sure if Jackson is big enough for that to happen every year.

One thing is for sure, all of us CoachT heads, whether USJ fan or hater, should be grateful to the Bruins today for running up the score and breathing a little life into the DII forum. 

15 hours ago, Kublah said:

Those TCA teams were incredible. Also I was at the game, Trinity let off the gas. I do think it’s best when all three Jackson private teams are good, but not sure if Jackson is big enough for that to happen every year.

One thing is for sure, all of us CoachT heads, whether USJ fan or hater, should be grateful to the Bruins today for running up the score and breathing a little life into the DII forum. 

Yes, TCA threw one pass in the second half of that game and played their second team all of 4th Q and part of 3rd.  Could have been 70-0.  Not sure about 80!   The thing about this USJ team that most people are not talking about is that they are strong at every single position on defense.  Offense is great but the D is their strength.  Their D line is very disruptive.  They are strong and athletic.  I would expect them to be in the Blue Cross bowl.  Stroup does need to pull his starters in future blowouts to protect from fluke injuries.  I get the JC game but the rest of the way they need to stay healthy. 

Edited by Intense

On 9/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, ReitzFan said:

There is alot of pressure on USJ to win a state title this year. Why? Because the chances are very strong that they will move up to D2AA next season. The task would be significantly more difficult as they already know. It still raises the hair on the back of the necks of USJ faithful that JCS has a gold ball and they don't.

I personally think that USJ needs to grind the clock because JCS is so explosive with Boyd in the backfield and Mosley at WR. USJ has faced a much better schedule to date. Union City and Hardin County would beat anyone that JCS has played to date. 

I think JCS has to find more ways to get Mosley the ball. He needs more passes thrown his way and he needs more touches with the jet sweep/reverse. Personally, I would also drop him in the backfield as a deep "I" formation tailback and let him run student body left and right all night. You might stop him or slow him early but as the night wears on, Mosley would dominate. That's  just my opinion. The DL for USJ must get some penetration. 

If JCS wants to win, they have to find a way to get over the "USJ Mistique".  Throw out 2 years ago as that was a fluke win. USJ has to be wary of costly penalties. I'd say the over/under on unsportsmanlike penalties is at least 2.5.

Bottom line is that there is more pressure on USJ in my opinion for a variety of reasons. Some I have mentioned, some I have not.

With all that being said, Ric Flair was always at his best when his back was against the wall. I feel something will happen to throw JCS off of their game plan and USJ will be there to take advantage of it. USJ football is on the clock. I think they have this one tonight and they will shout "Woooo" when all is said and done tonight.

Throw out 2 years ago as that was a fluke win. .......A fluke? 

Edited by jj420

It wasn't a fluke.  JC played hard.  Made plays when they had to.  Got a few breaks sure...but the real fact is that USJ had no composure.  If they did, they would have won the game.   You guys almost always have the better team.. you just do.  Ya'll have more athletes along with great coaching.

The fluke win was the Trinity win over JC that year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bemisbasser said:

It wasn't a fluke.  JC played hard.  Made plays when they had to.  Got a few breaks sure...but the real fact is that USJ had no composure.  If they did, they would have won the game.   You guys almost always have the better team.. you just do.  Ya'll have more athletes along with great coaching.

The fluke win was the Trinity win over JC that year.

TCA finished 7-5 and a quarterfinal game in playoff that year.  JC finished 8-4 and a quarterfinal game.  18-14 was the score.  Doesn’t sound much like a fluke to me!  Teams appeared to be pretty even.  

On 9/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, Kublah said:

Well something has to give because the public schools in Jackson have seemingly been getting worse.