Knox West at Alcoa

WestHigh4Life

21 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

sx hits common nollidge thait linesman haz wilted inn othur 4th quotas two....:popcorneater:

Knox Association has a guy like that.  As soon as you see him on the field, both teams know they're getting screwed.  It's a shame they are allowed to continue to work games and continue to consistently suck.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Knox Association has a guy like that.  As soon as you see him on the field, both teams know they're getting screwed.  It's a shame they are allowed to continue to work games and continue to consistently suck.  

Everything I'm being told is that the association is desperate for officials, not just in Knox County, but statewide. This is what happens when you don't have the ability to weed out subpar officials. They just don't have anyone better (or anyone else). It's also why we're seeing more Thursday night games because they're so short-staffed.

I want to get involved and be a part of the change that is necessary to improve the product on the field, but I'm also not a glutton for punishment; they just don't pay officials enough to take that kind of abuse.

36 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I try not to be critical of officials because they're human, they have a challenging job, and sometimes they don't have the best angle to make a call on a bang-bang play. But my goodness, I'm at a loss on that one. I don't know what he saw from that angle, but he was in the perfect position to see where that hit occurred.

That's why I called him out by name. He needs to be fired or moved down to midget league. What a buffone. He got caught with his britches down on live TV and called out by the announcers which you never see that often in a high school game. We all make mistakes but this MF'er goes out with an agenda and Mr.Coulter and Mr. Hodson need to take this clown over to Amazon and ship him off somewhere without a return address on the box.

55 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I try not to be critical of officials because they're human, they have a challenging job, and sometimes they don't have the best angle to make a call on a bang-bang play. But my goodness, I'm at a loss on that one. I don't know what he saw from that angle, but he was in the perfect position to see where that hit occurred.

You're being very generous Nut , he was in the perfect Position to see the Play and that's what makes his call so Terrible . I appreciate these guys who are putting the time in to help our communities , but guys like this makes everyone look bad . I saw a great game last night where both teams played their hearts out and if this Ref had been the one who decided the outcome of this game it would have been a tragedy . Fans will always argue over holding calls because they're just about a little holding going on during every single play , but when a Ref throws a flag for hitting someone 2 yards in bounds during the most critical time of the Game ... That's pitiful . 

I think both of these teams will go on and win State Championships this year and I'm glad that Maryville is playing both of them because great competition can only make you better . 

58 minutes ago, pepvol said:

You're being very generous Nut , he was in the perfect Position to see the Play and that's what makes his call so Terrible . I appreciate these guys who are putting the time in to help our communities , but guys like this makes everyone look bad . I saw a great game last night where both teams played their hearts out and if this Ref had been the one who decided the outcome of this game it would have been a tragedy . Fans will always argue over holding calls because they're just about a little holding going on during every single play , but when a Ref throws a flag for hitting someone 2 yards in bounds during the most critical time of the Game ... That's pitiful . 

I think both of these teams will go on and win State Championships this year and I'm glad that Maryville is playing both of them because great competition can only make you better . 

Fact. I'd hate to have seen that call cost a good team...........either way!