AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 20 2022

Southtowner

4 hours ago, City223 said:

They refuse to accept that a team can improve from last season. Same way mckenzie can be better, mc can also improve from last year

Tell me about it. I got so much bull last year early on for saying Westview would give Peabody a game and they're my favorites to win 2A. It's like people only think the good teams from last year will be the only good teams this year.

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Tell me about it. I got so much bull last year early on for saying Westview would give Peabody a game and they're my favorites to win 2A. It's like people only think the good teams from last year will be the only good teams this year.

you should not have gotten any bull for saying that. 

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Fayetteville has been #1 in my poll this year.

I've see Fayetteville twice this year. I'll see them again when they host Red Bank. 

Are they "hands down"  the team to beat in 1A.  I don't think so.  

Edit: hands down is a strong term.

Should be a fun exciting 2nd Half of the season to watch and for sure FUN Post-Season to be a Fan of your favorite team…The Cream ALWAYS rises to the top…so we will see soon enough……

5 hours ago, Doc931 said:

They have some players that are 4a-6a talent and size but their not a 4-6A team across the board. They just aren't your typical small town team. They just have way more talent size and speed than these true small town usa teams but those bigger schools such as Red Bank proved last year the talent gap is still wide interested in going to watch that one in a few weeks don't think they beat them this year either red bank looks really good.  This team if def better than last years group which was loaded for sure but lack of QB play hurt them all year they've drastically improved in that department and they brought back pretty much everyone.

I bet Fayetteville wins that game this year..

SouthTown Top 10

1. Kizzie aka McKenzie 

2. Lincolnville aka Fayetteville 

3. Poohbooty aka Peabody 

4. Schwein Himmel aka Dresden

5. Memphis All Star Enlistments aka MASE

6. Commissioner Gordon aka Gordonsville 

7. MoCo aka Moore County

8. Sixburg aka South Pittsburg 

9. Clay-Doh aka Clay County 

10 Coalbucket aka Coalfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

SouthTown Top 10

1. Kizzie aka McKenzie 

2. Lincolnville aka Fayetteville 

3. Poohbooty aka Peabody 

4. Schwein Himmel aka Dresden

5. Memphis All Star Enlistments aka MASE

6. Commissioner Gordon aka Gordonsville 

7. MoCo aka Moore County

8. Sixburg aka South Pittsburg 

9. Clay-Doh aka Clay County 

10 Coalbucket aka Coalfield.

Good list

McKenzie should be most everyone's pick since they are the defending Western champs and return nearly everyone on the team that only lost by 3 in the state title game.  If you look at scores from last years playoff games, there were a good handful of teams that were within a TD of each other. 

And the West looks to be head and shoulders above the East.  Homefield advantage this year never looked bigger in my opinion.

• Like 1