4. Dresden 5-0 100 4
5. Peabody 4-1 79 5
6. Coalfield 5-0 69 7
7. Clay County 4-0 43 9
8. South Pittsburg 3-2 42 8
9. Moore County 4-1 40 6
10. McEwen 3-1 20 10

Others receiving votes: Halls 1.

No way Moore County should drop like that after standing toe to toe, and going blow for blow with Fayetteville city. That Fayetteville team is bigger, faster, and more talented than the Fayetteville team of 2020.

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDTiQEB4oGcoq-KqiZ5L6

Class 1A

School Record Points Prv.
1. McKenzie (11) 5-0 137 1
2. Fayetteville (3) 5-0 129 2
3. MASE 4-0 110 3
4. Dresden 5-0 100 4
5. Peabody 4-1 79 5
6. Coalfield 5-0 69 7
7. Clay County 4-0 43 9
8. South Pittsburg 3-2 42 8
9. Moore County 4-1 40 6
10. McEwen 3-1 20 10

Others receiving votes: Halls 1.

why does mc drop from 6 to 9 after barely losing to the 2nd ranked team?

Edited by City223

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

1. McKenzie 2. Fayetteville 3. Dresden 4. MASE 5. Moore County 6. Peabody 7. Lake County

Cartman very good poll. I assume it's just the west. I am not sold on Moore County yet. I definitely would not have them above Peabody right now. They may be very good but I need more than a close loss to Fayetteville City to give the nod over Peabody. I am on the fence also about Dresden. The McKenzie game will tell us more. MASE is the most fascinating team out of the whole bunch. We all know MAHS was a very good team in 2A last year and with 14 starters transfering to MASE with the head coach they could be the best of the bunch. This is just my opinion and Moore County and Dresden may prove to be the best out of the bunch. 1A in the west will be an absolute war to get to Chattanooga.

9 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Cartman very good poll. I assume it's just the west. I am not sold on Moore County yet. I definitely would not have them above Peabody right now. They may be very good but I need more than a close loss to Fayetteville City to give the nod over Peabody. I am on the fence also about Dresden. The McKenzie game will tell us more. MASE is the most fascinating team out of the whole bunch. We all know MAHS was a very good team in 2A last year and with 14 starters transfering to MASE with the head coach they could be the best of the bunch. This is just my opinion and Moore County and Dresden may prove to be the best out of the bunch. 1A in the west will be an absolute war to get to Chattanooga.

Moore co arguably has the best player in 1A in the QB that kid is a stud and according to their people they have some guys missing rn to that team will be a force to be reckon with come playoffs as of now id say them and Peabody are A & B interesting to see both when healthy. I'm with you on Dresden I'm not buying the hype yet Mckenzie game gives us a good sample about them. I think the lack of competitive competition comes back to bite the Memphis All Stars with the gauntlet they have to see come playoffs.

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

Moore co arguably has the best player in 1A in the QB that kid is a stud and according to their people they have some guys missing rn to that team will be a force to be reckon with come playoffs as of now id say them and Peabody are A & B interesting to see both when healthy. I'm with you on Dresden I'm not buying the hype yet Mckenzie game gives us a good sample about them. I think the lack of competitive competition comes back to bite the Memphis All Stars with the gauntlet they have to see come playoffs.

I think they’ll be fine with playing that competition for one game, but do you think they can handle going 4 straight weeks of playing high caliber teams. They’ll have to beat lake county, peabody then mckenzie,fayetteville, or dresden

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, City223 said:

I think they’ll be fine with playing that competition for one game, but do you think they can handle going 4 straight weeks of playing high caliber teams. They’ll have to beat lake county, peabody then mckenzie,fayetteville, or dresden

scrambling QBs, especially ones with O-lines can't hold the D-line, are more likely to get hurt. that kid played his entire heart and soul out in that game. i saw him walking to the bus after; he looked rough. he's an awesome athlete, but he can't carry that team all season.

Edited by jtm52k

Which team are you referring to? MASE?

20 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Which team are you referring to? MASE?

Gotta be

12 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lol no, that's the top 7 in Tennessee imo. If you can find me an east team that belongs in that group I'm more than willing to listen to anyone's argument. Right now Imo the state champ comes out of either region 6 or region 5. I'll know more about MASE after they play JCM and halls