Poor reporting or predicting

ILB1999

8 hours ago, GaddyDaddy said:

The whole thing stinks not coverage like it used to be in Knoxville. I can promise you its better coverage in surrounding areas though. 

Not in West Tn. it isn't. Same thing, only worse...newspaper has declined from their heyday of most area team's scores on a weekly basis during season, a "spotlight" article in preseason of most teams, and very thorough playoff coverage as long as a western team was left in a particular classification. Now you get city teams only, and little to no game description. WBBJ (Jackson) is also a laughingstock for sports coverage...two very young and inexperienced guys trying to throw cliche's at the screen in rapid fire fashion. Coverage limited to city area teams as well.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:52 AM, HTV said:

That paper has a new Prep sports person every 6 months, none of them from the area with much knowledge of the local high school sports scene. Don't take anything they write seriously. More times than not they just rewrite a story 5 Star Preps has already done. 

Gannett killed local high school sports coverage. 

I promise that I know more about Knoxville football, past and present, than that crew and I live almost 200 miles from Knoxville.