Peabody at Dyersburg

Also, the effect on the gate sales is simply not factual. The bad PR, and low class move to not allow visiting media is just shameful. Not sure if there has been a change in opinion, or administration, but have personally broadcasted several games from there. It is a beautiful facility and atmosphere. I liked the Trojans in this contest, however, I change my mind. ROLL TIDE! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thunderbolts said:

Thank you for doing what you did the other night for our middle school. It was a great broadcast. I share your thoughts about the livestream. Having a livestream has built up the fanbase at Peabody to heights I don't think we have seen before. I have seen an improvement in our attendance, not a drop. Simple business knowledge makes you realize the more people you can get following your team the more fans you will have. If you go by the thinking of not showing games then why does every college, professional team  decide to show there games on video. It is exposure for the kids and your program. I just don't understand it!

Not mention, the people that are going to go to the game will go. If your grandson, or kid is playing in the contest you are not going to stay at home to save the 7 freaking bucks... you are going to happily pay for the ticket and watch. However, you may have elderly, injured, or out of town folks that want to watch the game and they have an option to do it as well. Very short sighted move by the Trojans. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Also, the effect on the gate sales is simply not factual. The bad PR, and low class move to not allow visiting media is just shameful. Not sure if there has been a change in opinion, or administration, but have personally broadcasted several games from there. It is a beautiful facility and atmosphere. I liked the Trojans in this contest, however, I change my mind. ROLL TIDE! 

It is all business for the Tide tonight. They know Dyersburg can be a dangerous team. I just hope it is a clean game. After watching film the high low crap that Dyersburg has done in the past better not happen tonight. The Tide don't need anymore injuries. The white hat and umpire for this game will need to be on top of their games tonight!

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Dyersburg still has a live broadcast for their fans. Peabody deserves the same right for theirs.  Saying it's a financial decision isn't really backed up by fact.

I did a live Facebook football broadcast earlier this week and large chunks of my audience were from out of state and out of country. The effect on the local gate is very minor. This decision by Dyersburg creates nothing but I'll will and it denies many people the opportu ity to see their team because they can't make the game because of sickness, a handicap, or other reasons. It's bad business to disallow. And remember, Karma is a mean and vengeful woman.

The vengance has been long endured ,I guess the lack of program relevance could be taken as such ! 

17 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

It is all business for the Tide tonight. They know Dyersburg can be a dangerous team. I just hope it is a clean game. After watching film the high low crap that Dyersburg has done in the past better not happen tonight. The Tide don't need anymore injuries. The white hat and umpire for this game will need to be on top of their games tonight!

Say it ain’t so , well that explains a lot 

35 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Thank you for doing what you did the other night for our middle school. It was a great broadcast. I share your thoughts about the livestream. Having a livestream has built up the fanbase at Peabody to heights I don't think we have seen before. I have seen an improvement in our attendance, not a drop. Simple business knowledge makes you realize the more people you can get following your team the more fans you will have. If you go by the thinking of not showing games then why does every college, professional team  decide to show there games on video. It is exposure for the kids and your program. I just don't understand it!

I live streamed TCA middle school games last week at Three Oaks and at Peabody. Not sure which game you are referring to but it is a labor of love for me to try and video stream, commentate on, and produce these games by my self. I am grateful you enjoyed my work. Thank you for your kindness. SG

12 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I live streamed TCA middle school games last week at Three Oaks and at Peabody. Not sure which game you are referring to but it is a labor of love for me to try and video stream, commentate on, and produce these games by my self. I am grateful you enjoyed my work. Thank you for your kindness. SG

He’s a Golden Tide fella

5 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

I think there is a lot of teams that don’t allow visiting team to livestream game but I could be wrong

I've only heard of two. One of them now allows it. As radio stations stop broadcasting high school games, streaming is becoming the next big thing. The ones that do it right offer it at no charge to viewers and they get sponsors to pay the tab. It's called exposure for a school and it's athletes. Most schools in West Tennessee  have video streaming in some form. Probably 200 or more state wide.

would have loved to hear the call from the Peabody broadcasters. Ohh, I forgot. 2 legendary broadcasters were not allowed to broadcast the game because DBurg did not want it to negatively effect their gate money. What a shame. I hope this 1 hurts a little extra. Peabody not being able to bring 1 of the very best broadcasting teams in all of high school sports to your beautiful stadium is just shameful! The production that worthy road studios and the play by play from Peabody could not be duplicated by anyone in this state! ROLL DANG TIDE!!!!!!!