Oakland vs Blackman

Pops17

Still confused by the lack of info on scholarship offers found for the Risner kid so I checked out social media and found several highlight clips.  My takes? Tall, big arm, accurate based on %completion and quick release.  All very good things.  He also has some pretty decent targets to get the ball to.  Other observations.  Pocket passer with very few rollouts that I saw.  Some but not many.  If he had good mobility then the highlights would have shown that I would assume.  So not overly mobile.  Yall don't run the ol Statue of Liberty play do you?

QB for Ravenwood that we beat earlier this year had a very strong arm and good accuracy.  Maybe not as good as ya'lls but still very good.  He also had the ability to tuck and run with great speed and balance.  As a pure athlete, he was superior to anyone we have seen this year.  A flick of the wrist and he could hit a 5 yard out from the other side of the field.  4 star committed to MS State.  Yes we haven't faced Risner but we have faced a few very good qbs this season already.

I guess I will listen to it on the radio unless a quality tv broadcast is planned.  Gonna be a fun matchup with these two teams.  I expect a lot of scoring from both sides but see Oakland pulling away in the second half.  Go Pats.

Edited by ttitan27

Blackman has several stars in skill positions. Oakland has very good players in all positions, defense, offense and special teams. Very good players, depth in all positions, excellent coaching wins over a few stars every time. The game will be over by the end of the third quarter. What happens at the freshman level will happen at the varsity level. 

19 minutes ago, goforthegoal said:

Blackman has several stars in skill positions. Oakland has very good players in all positions, defense, offense and special teams. Very good players, depth in all positions, excellent coaching wins over a few stars every time. The game will be over by the end of the third quarter. What happens at the freshman level will happen at the varsity level. 

Well both Blackman and Oakland players from 8th grade up to 10th right now are pretty good actually. 

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Still confused by the lack of info on scholarship offers found for the Risner kid so I checked out social media and found several highlight clips.  My takes? Tall, big arm, accurate based on %completion and quick release.  All very good things.  He also has some pretty decent targets to get the ball to.  Other observations.  Pocket passer with very few rollouts that I saw.  Some but not many.  If he had good mobility then the highlights would have shown that I would assume.  So not overly mobile.  Yall don't run the ol Statue of Liberty play do you?

QB for Ravenwood that we beat earlier this year had a very strong arm and good accuracy.  Maybe not as good as ya'lls but still very good.  He also had the ability to tuck and run with great speed and balance.  As a pure athlete, he was superior to anyone we have seen this year.  A flick of the wrist and he could hit a 5 yard out from the other side of the field.  4 star committed to MS State.  Yes we haven't faced Risner but we have faced a few very good qbs this season already.

I guess I will listen to it on the radio unless a quality tv broadcast is planned.  Gonna be a fun matchup with these two teams.  I expect a lot of scoring from both sides but see Oakland pulling away in the second half.  Go Pats.

That was a game changer also Chris Parsons could run the ball, Jack probably can see the field a little better because he’s like 6’6 but he doesn’t have the speed to just take off. Again I’ll say the trenches will matter this season and the next ones also. 

12 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Do you think not having Kade Hewitt (Starting QB for Oakland) behind center will have any impact. I think it changes a few things simply due to timing and game reps 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Do you think not having Kade Hewitt (Starting QB for Oakland) behind center will have any impact. I think it changes a few things simply due to timing and game reps 

I'm not buying into the Hewitt injury. I know he was in a boot with an achilles strain, but with the bye week, I would not buy into him not playing until you see him show up, not dressed out.  If it does, I would expect some impact - he is the commander of the offense. Would like to hear the Oakland folks opinion. 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

If Hewitt doesn't play then yes it would have a big impact I would think.  His arm is better than most realize and his ability to run the ball is a big part of the offense this year.  At 6'2" and 235lbs and very athletic, he is very hard to bring down.  I haven't heard anything about him being injured but that means nothing since I'm not associated with the program or school in any way whatsoever other than being a Fri. night volunteer.  

I think this game will be a lot closer if he isn't playing and could swing either way.  Just don't know enough about the backup really but I trust the coaches to put together a plan if needed.  Defense is going to have to help pull up the slack if he doesn't play.

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

You are reaching for hope of him not playing..... like my dad always said "you can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster". The biggest difference between Oakland and Blackman is that Oakland has a great PROGRAM every year - Blackman has a great team this year. They will adjust accordingly should their QB not play.

1 hour ago, 422PT said:

You are reaching for hope of him not playing..... like my dad always said "you can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster". The biggest difference between Oakland and Blackman is that Oakland has a great PROGRAM every year - Blackman has a great team this year. They will adjust accordingly should their QB not play.

I was told he had not been practicing and was still in a boot from the Achilles injury he sustained in the Siegel game.  Call it "reaching for hope" or "crapping in your hand".... simple question was to titan27 if that is the truth  and he can't play if he felt like that would have an impact?  Whether it changes the outcome  game or not, if he doesn't play it will impact the game. Maybe a lot- or a little-  but if he plays with an Achilles injury that is not completely healed, then that would be total stupidity. That very well could lead to a complete tear, or the type of damage that would sit him for the rest of the year or diminish his playing ability for good. 

Edited by Blaze45

32 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I was told he had not been practicing and was still in a boot from the Achilles injury he sustained in the Siegel game.  Call it "reaching for hope" or "crapping in your hand".... simple question was to titan27 asking if he felt like that would have an impact.  Whether it changes the outcome  game or not, if he doesn't play it will impact the game. Maybe a lot or a little. But if he plays with an Achilles injury that is not completely healed, then that would be total stupidity. That very well could lead to a complete tear, or the type of damage that would sit him for the rest of the year or diminish his playing ability for good. 

"But if he plays with an Achilles injury that is not completely healed, then that would be total stupidity. That very well could lead to a complete tear, or the type of damage that would sit him for the rest of the year or diminish his playing ability for good. " - Totally agree with this statement.

Whether he plays or not will not change who wins this game. That is what I meant by if he doesn't play Oakland will adjust accordingly because of the state of their program.

1 hour ago, 422PT said:

"But if he plays with an Achilles injury that is not completely healed, then that would be total stupidity. That very well could lead to a complete tear, or the type of damage that would sit him for the rest of the year or diminish his playing ability for good. " - Totally agree with this statement.

Whether he plays or not will not change who wins this game. That is what I meant by if he doesn't play Oakland will adjust accordingly because of the state of their program.

understood... 

1 hour ago, 422PT said:

You don’t know that tho man, what’s up with y’all dudes on here geez

Edited by arshad221