Predictions for Boone vs Science Hill?

NETNSportsFan

4 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Dukes probably big and strong because he got held back. He was in my grade or maybe one above when I was in 6th and 7th grade. I am now graduated. Not sure how many times he got held back. At least once. Maybe two, three, or four times. 

I didn’t think they even held kids back anymore. That’s interesting. If they did, may’ve been at his parents request. Schools very very rarely hold kids back anymore.

12 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

I didn’t think they even held kids back anymore. That’s interesting. If they did, may’ve been at his parents request. Schools very very rarely hold kids back anymore.

They're not eligible if they're 19 on or before august 1 is what the rules say.  This story is a bit of hogwassh.

16 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

I sometimes watch the Dobyns Bennett streams because they stream every game at home, and there will be like thousands watching, especially against Greeneville. Maybe they'd actually fill the upper deck if they'd stop streaming

I actually agree with you on this.  The majority of the folks who do show up at J. Fred these days are gone after halftime after the band does their thing.  Every week on the DB Football-Real Talk Facebook group, everyone in there is always asking for stream links.

Another thing is there's just a lot to do in Kingsport on a Friday night.  Compare that to just across the state line in southwest Virginia, where the small coalfield towns have absolutely NOTHING to do on a Friday night except to go watch the boys sling the pigskin around the yard and stadiums are packed all over SWVA on Friday nights.

17 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

I sometimes watch the Dobyns Bennett streams because they stream every game at home, and there will be like thousands watching, especially against Greeneville. Maybe they'd actually fill the upper deck if they'd stop streaming

Right- so Boone's AD looks like the "bad guy" for not streaming, but if his job is to help make money for the school- I'm sure they are making more money by not making it available to watch other than to buy a ticket.   

6 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Right- so Boone's AD looks like the "bad guy" for not streaming, but if his job is to help make money for the school- I'm sure they are making more money by not making it available to watch other than to buy a ticket.   

But are they really making more money?

5 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

I've never heard that anyone in a school is supposed to "make money for the school."  There public schools that are public funded.  that don't make no sense.  

1 minute ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've never heard that anyone in a school is supposed to "make money for the school."  There public schools that are public funded.  that don't make no sense.  

So you think that Knox County funds all sports and those teams just use that money to buy equipment and all other things that the program might need?

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've got to assume you're being facetious with your poor grammar on a post about public schools? But if not...  Anyway... 

Of course it's part of the AD's job to look out for the budget for the athletic department- I guess not necessarily to "make money for the school."  But ticket sales from football and basketball are a HUGE part of the overall budget for the whole athletic department. Yes, public schools can get by with what's allocated from the school board... but I would assume there's a certain number of ticket sales that are expected as part of the set budget so anything that negatively impacts that number (people staying home to watch a game instead of buying a ticket) would hurt the school. 

Not sure about any predictions, but the head coach for SHHS must be an idiot.   He has more talent, size, speed, and the most over qualified assistant coaches on any sideline…. Why can he not put a winning game plan together?   His offensive game plans are terrible.   They may need to consider finding a new HC on The Hill if he can’t do any better than what he has been doing.