Predictions for Boone vs Science Hill?

NETNSportsFan

2 minutes ago, Rbel4life said:

Not sure about any predictions, but the head coach for SHHS must be an idiot.   He has more talent, size, speed, and the most over qualified assistant coaches on any sideline…. Why can he not put a winning game plan together?   His offensive game plans are terrible.   They may need to consider finding a new HC on The Hill if he can’t do any better than what he has been doing.  

Bad head coaches getting removed from their high school? Good luck with that. Almost never happens, and when it finally does the program is usually in shambles. 

1 hour ago, Rbel4life said:

Not sure about any predictions, but the head coach for SHHS must be an idiot.   He has more talent, size, speed, and the most over qualified assistant coaches on any sideline…. Why can he not put a winning game plan together?   His offensive game plans are terrible.   They may need to consider finding a new HC on The Hill if he can’t do any better than what he has been doing.  

I have no insight into SHHS football, but I think that as long as they beat DB each year they are ok with the program.    Science Hill is not a great team but they showed up to play tonight, had it not been for a couple of costly penalties this game would possibly have gone to OT.

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I have no insight into SHHS football, but I think that as long as they beat DB each year they are ok with the program.    Science Hill is not a great team but they showed up to play tonight, had it not been for a couple of costly penalties this game would possibly have gone to OT.

Science Hill has the bar set at beating DB. If they do that coach job is safe haha

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've never heard that anyone in a school is supposed to "make money for the school."  There public schools that are public funded.  that don't make no sense.  

Just going to give you a heads up.  So schools are usually given a basic budget for sports and it isn’t much at all.  If you want nicer things you have three options: fundraising, donations, ticket sales.  Sports are expensive at the high school level.  Uniforms, pads, helmets, replacement parts, buses, food, referees, security, and that’s just to run a program.  High school football usually funds the rest of the sports at a school.  Tons of people hit up football games, not so much at softball baseball  or swimming.  There will not be a public school system that blank checks normal football programs, so it’s up to finding money to get nicer things.  Also with that football money… it can go into the school to buy things from a general fund.  Want those fancy touchscreen TVs in classrooms, make money.  Want a new digital media class in a school but don’t have money for equipment, better find the money.  That is what people mean when they say make money for a school.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:00 AM, formerblazer said:

Just going to give you a heads up.  So schools are usually given a basic budget for sports and it isn’t much at all.  If you want nicer things you have three options: fundraising, donations, ticket sales.  Sports are expensive at the high school level.  Uniforms, pads, helmets, replacement parts, buses, food, referees, security, and that’s just to run a program.  High school football usually funds the rest of the sports at a school.  Tons of people hit up football games, not so much at softball baseball  or swimming.  There will not be a public school system that blank checks normal football programs, so it’s up to finding money to get nicer things.  Also with that football money… it can go into the school to buy things from a general fund.  Want those fancy touchscreen TVs in classrooms, make money.  Want a new digital media class in a school but don’t have money for equipment, better find the money.  That is what people mean when they say make money for a school.

So you're saying That nice stuff for classrooms depends on the AD making money?  I really don't believe that.  Sports, maybe.  not the other.  

29 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

So you're saying That nice stuff for classrooms depends on the AD making money?  I really don't believe that.  Sports, maybe.  not the other.  

I can assure you that sports in HS do not pay a penny for the classroom. Having dealt extensively with overall sports budgets we worry about paying for minor sports. Some schools can’t even fund their football program properly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I can assure you that sports in HS do not pay a penny for the classroom. Having dealt extensively with overall sports budgets we worry about paying for minor sports. Some schools can’t even fund their football program properly.

I think Betsy and Greeneville are doing pretty good in that area noones.

6 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I think Betsy and Greeneville are doing pretty good in that area noones.

I wasn’t going to mention them, but yes. Every dollar raised for sports in Greeneville went to sports. Improvements in sport facilities was a cooperation between the school system and city hall which meant it was tax dollars or the generosity of well healed benefactors.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I wasn’t going to mention them, but yes. Every dollar raised for sports in Greeneville went to sports. Improvements in sport facilities was a cooperation between the school system and city hall which meant it was tax dollars or the generosity of well healed benefactors.

Luckily for Greeneville we have those well healed benefactors that have help shape Greeneville's Facilities into a top notch program.  Some might have played for the Greene Devil's back in the day and also have and had kids come through the program.  I'm so glad the Community Supports the Sports program the way they do no matter if it's a home or away game (Oak Ridge last week was a key example with us having more fans than they did at an away game even though we are a smaller school)

• Upvote 1

You always hear things like "Well no wonder ______ has a winning program, they have the $$$ to build all the nice facilities with all the latest _____ ..... "        Do you guys think it takes a lot of $$$ being funneled into the school to create a consistently winning program?      So when a school nobody has ever heard of comes out of nowhere to make some noise in the playoffs or even win it is that just a fluke?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You always hear things like "Well no wonder ______ has a winning program, they have the $$$ to build all the nice facilities with all the latest _____ ..... "        Do you guys think it takes a lot of $$$ being funneled into the school to create a consistently winning program?      So when a school nobody has ever heard of comes out of nowhere to make some noise in the playoffs or even win it is that just a fluke?

No, money does not make a program a winner. It helps once you get to a certain level to maintain excellence. What is most important, and I’m not listing anything in order, is the locker room (attitude and relationships) a head coach who is like a ship’s captain with a good staff. A good weight program, but more important athletes who play multiple sports. You get the other sports athletes, BUT YOU SEND THEM BACK PLUS A COUPLE OF MORE. Discipline, I can walk into a locker room and tell you what type of pride is  on the team. You have to have kids that want to play for you, with the community and the school positively pressuring kids to play. Yet the program has to be hard enough the hanger on guys (team picture guys) quit. The coach lives at the little and middle school games. He creates relationships with community money and power broker people.

oh, I almost forgot, you have to run, tackle,, block and pass better than everyone else.

The next coach can inherit it all and you end up with a well heeled program that can’t win.

31 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Luckily for Greeneville we have those well healed benefactors that have help shape Greeneville's Facilities into a top notch program.  Some might have played for the Greene Devil's back in the day and also have and had kids come through the program.  I'm so glad the Community Supports the Sports program the way they do no matter if it's a home or away game (Oak Ridge last week was a key example with us having more fans than they did at an away game even though we are a smaller school)

Swipes, question for you.  From my point of view it looks like GV does a good job of supporting other sports programs at your school.  Is that the case or is there some jealousy from other sports at the school towards football?  

Here at AC the other teams parents, maybe with the exception of boys Basketball and baseball,  hate the way they are pushed to the side.  Especially girls sports.  I'm petty sure our AD would burn every single sports program to the ground and personally throw a thermite grenade into the locker rooms of every sports program at the school if it meant he could win one gold football.